milo's return!

AN: for background info, this one-shot takes place three months after taylor and steven are official- so it's set in september 

if you're looking for more staylor content, i also have a story called dream maker that is ongoing and updated weekly every week from steven's POV, and i also have a story on season 3 fanfiction that's called truly mine that contains staylor in it as well

also, if you have any one-shot requests, just comment whatever and i will try to write it as soon as i have time (which might be about a week at most, it just depends how busy i am!)

✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡

steven's eyes lit up and his lips curled into the most proud, joyful smile as he watched taylor and belly make their way down the stairs. 

at last, steven and taylor's first official school dance had finally come. it was homecoming, and the weather and venue were picture-perfect. 

taylor walked up to steven with a playful little smirk on her face. she wore a bedazzling sea-blue colored dress. it made her eyes look even more honey-colored. "so, are you ready to face your old high school dance days again?"

steven rolled his eyes and grinned wider than the entire ocean. "oh, yeah, it's gonna the best. i don't think i could with anyone else though," he said with a wink. 

he leaned down and a little closer to her ear and whispered, "you look absolutely astonishing, by the way. in a way that no one else could ever come close to."

taylor blushed and tried to hide her smile as she took steven's hand and squeezed it while whispering back, "bad bitches need their roses too. you know?"

she silently let go of his hand and held eye contact before turning back to belly and giving her an enormous hug. "we should probably get going. are you sure you're okay alone until jeremiah gets here?"

belly nodded, squeezing taylor back in the hug. "yeah. i'll be fine. you guys should go ahead. jere and i will catch up soon."

[FLASH FORWARD TO THE DANCE, BOTH STAYLOR AND JELLY ARE THERE]

steven and taylor were talking to some of taylor and belly's friends by the punch table when milo, the now famous rapper, showed up. "yeah, man. i'm telling you, this is the way to go," he was telling one of his buddies when he spotted the two together.

a glare was shot steven's way, but nothing was said right away. a little less than ten minutes later, a senior guy, who was buddies with taylor's friend group, walked up to them and said, "yo, taylor, milo wants to talk to you."

steven immediately felt a rush of panic, but it wasn't something he needed to worry about. taylor rolled her eyes. "yeah, well, you can tell him that's not going to happen. i'm here with steven," she said, slowly inching closer to steven.

the girls' friend walked back to milo and repeated what taylor had said to him. milo sighed angrily and entitledly walked up to them. "so, you're dating now. have you listened to my new tracks, man?" he abrumptly asked steven.

steven rolled his eyes and said, "no, and i'm not going to. i don't need to hear any more about how you supposedly 'beat me' and 'had me on the floor' even though i was the one who beat your ass for not giving a shit about taylor."

milo laughed in his face. "you think you know more about taylor than i do now, steven, do you?! the only thing she wants from you is attention because she thought i wasn't giving her enough. isn't that right, taylor?" he asked, turning his attention to her.

"shut up, milo," taylor said, squinting at him in annoyance. "i don't know why you're here, but it's stupid. seriously, aren't you like super rich and famous now? why don't you just run back to the girls who are screaming for your attention?"

milo nodded and stared her down. "i did. i'm here tonight, taylor. so," he said, facing back towards steven, "what do you say, a real fight, outside, for her?" he said, his eyes darting back towards taylor.

taylor stepped in front of steven, close in milo's face and said, "if you don't leave right now, i'll have a restraining order filed against you. you never even had my heart, milo. steven always has."

milo rolled his eyes and forcefully grabbed taylor's arm. "come on, taylor. let's get outta here. this man bitch isn't worth it."

"NO," taylor shouted at him, "let go, milo! who the fuck do you think you are?!"

steven violently grabbed milo's hand and shoved him backwards away from taylor, protecting her. "stay away from her, you jackass."

taylor balled her hands into fists as she glared at milo's cowering body, having the strongest urge to punch him in the face until blood dripped and he was toothless. 

milo started once again lunging at steven and shouted, "YOU WANNA GO, BITCH?! YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?!"

"oh, you know i can," steven said, scoffing angrily, "but i don't think you're ready for that conversation yet. why don't you go home and learn some vocabulary? because when someone says no, it means no."

"LET'S GO, BITCH!" milo shouted, continuing to lunge at steven. "SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU! NO ONE DOES! WHY DO YOU THINK I LIED ABOUT BEATING YOU UP IN THE FIRST PLACE?!"

countless gasps were heard all throughout the room. he'd just admitted defeat, and a few people were already recording him because of his infamous popularity.

"all right, that's enough from you," a man with security said, grabbing milo. milo went to punch him, but two other security men joined in and forcefully had to carry him out.

by the end of the night, milo's entire talking with steven and taylor was trending on tiktok and twitter, which, of course, ended up in him being canceled online.

taylor and steven were back at home laughing in their prom outfits eating takeout chinese food on the couch when she said, "god, i'm so glad he finally got what he deserved. now everyone's team steven," she said with a slight smile.

steven nodded and laughed. "well, i'm just glad that no one's said any shit about you. they all agree that milo's the douche."

"how could they say anything bad about me? you defended me like no one else ever has, steven. it means a lot to me," taylor told him, smiling as she looked into his eyes.

he shrugged. "hey, i mean, what else are boyfriends for?"

"seriously, though, you're the best," taylor said, leaning her head on his shoulder.

he looked at her and smiled before kissing her forehead. "you know how much i care about you, tay tay. i'd do anything for you."