CHAPTER 12

The morning couldn't have been worser.

It was a mourning sight in front of that certain ward. A couple was was seated on a seat in front of the emergency room, with the woman resting her head on her husband's shoulders, crying her eyes out. Her husband was continuously rubbing his own eyes to prevent tears to fall. It was 5:55 a.m and still not a bright morning. Yet, it was the darkest morning for them, even if the Sun shone the brightest.

The most cruel sight was a dark haired boy in his school uniform, crouching on the floor against the wall, with his head buried between his knees. His tears knew no bounds, as he shook all over, crying and crying. San couldn't believe that, that day had come, the day he would finally loose his beloved, the day he would have to say goodbye to him, the day he had to make himself believe that he would never ever see him again.

San still didn't believe that his Wooyoung was gone. He could still feel his fingers intertwined with his own. The first thing he saw after waking up was Wooyoung's sweet yet frozen smile. He couldn't believe that he was dead. But the reality betrayed him so cruelly. Wooyoung was so cold, even though he was wrapped up in blankets. San, soon after waking up, knew something was wrong. He called Wooyoung's name so many times, shook him and tried to wake him up. But he never replied back. Fearing the worst, San ran to get the nurses and the doctor. They immediately ushered the boy to the emergency, where his parents and he waited outside, anxiety filling their hearts. Wooyoung's parents had lost every hope of their beloved son coming back to them once again. But San...San was still hopeful.

Perhaps he was cold because I didn't hold him well throughout the night? Perhaps he was too deeply sleeping? No! Woo won't die so soon. Woo will fight back...for us. Woo won't leave me like this. He will come back.

Just then, the doctor emerged from the room. San quickly got up from the floor and ran to him.

"D-Doctor...h-how i-is he? H-He is f-fine r-right?"

"I'm so sorry my boy. We did our best. Jung Wooyoung is no more."

***

The funeral day came like the winds. There weren't many people. Just Wooyoung's parents, some close relatives, friends and his love.

The weather on his funeral day was the boy's favourite. A bright sunny day, with cold breezes dancing with the nature, and making the cotton clouds fleet across the blazing blue sky. Everything looked so gorgeous, yet so mundane in the eyes of the ones who loved him. Even though the Sun shone so bright, it could never lighten up the darkness in their hearts, as their Sun was gone.

Wooyoung's parents cried all through the time, especially his mother. His relatives looked sad. Hongjoong and Seonghwa were also there. Hongjoong couldn't stop his tears, as he cried, burying his face in Seonghwa's chest. Seonghwa couldn't stop his own tears as well. All the happy days he had spent with this lovely boy came back to his mind, as more tears oozed out of his eyes. Seonghwa had brought a cute plushie and a box of handmade chocolates for Wooyoung. He didn't care. For him, Wooyoung was still alive. It was as if he still believed that Wooyoung would come running to him, cuddle that plushie, sit beside him and taste the chocolates he had made specially for him and then, look at him with his big brown eyes and say, "They're the best chocolates that I've ever had, hyungie!"

San stood at one corner, still trying to process the fact that in the coffin in front of him lay his beloved, that the priest was reading the holy book not for a merry incident but for praying for the eternal rest of his beloved's soul, that no one around him was happy, but sad, so so sad. San was tired, tired of crying and was still hopelessly clutching on the fact that Wooyoung would come back to him, to his arms and say, "I will not go that restaurant ever again San if you make me eat your favorite food and not mine."