PHASE 1

"Biiiitch get out!"

Jimin follows Jungkook into the meeting room but stops at the doorway upon hearing that. "Excuse me?"

Sorin turns in her chair, her mouth in a surprised O shape and silently points to her ear. "Ok tell me everything later, I have something to do... bye!" She stands up from her chair and shyly puts out her hand. "Baek Sorin, nice to meet you."

Jimin returns that handshake. "Park Jimin, I'm sure there are nicer things than meeting me, but..."

She giggles, "Oh you're a funny one, aren't you? Then this will be bearable."

"That's good," he says with a small cautious smile as he sits across the table from her. "I'm guessing the general idea was explained to you already?" He's unconsciously mimicking his father, hands folded on the table in front of him. 

She leans her elbow on the table, resting her chin on her hand cutely. "Do you mind explaining it in detail?"

Jimin sits straighter in his chair and then looks at Jungkook, who is standing in the corner, hands behind his back like he's standing guard. He's looking at the wall but still senses Jimin's gaze and makes for the door to head out, understanding the signal to leave the room. His short black hair shines a bit under the lighting as he leaves. Huh, he's wearing gloves. And if Jimin's eyes linger on the figure a bit longer than normal, Sorin doesn't say anything.

"Why did he have to leave?"

"The less people know, the better."

She nods her head in understanding and Jimin begins outlining how the plan will roll out. First they will exchange emails so that a trail of interaction can be fabricated. It'll set the scene as if Jimin has been pining after her for a bit and, under the guise of being professional, kept meeting Jimin for 'business purposes'. Then Jimin and Sorin have to plan some dates that are secretive, but not to the point where they won't get caught. The point is to create a situation that people will be curious about. Meanwhile, the fake lovebirds will pretend, ignore, deflect, and deny any and all information regarding their 'relationship'. 

"Eventually things will take care of themselves from there." Jimin is standing by now, hands in his pockets and facing her from afar. He knows what's coming, he isn't stupid. He also knows that Sorin isn't either. There's no way she'd be in a powerful position just by being pretty.

"And what's in it for me? Money? I have enough of that."

There it is. "Sorin-ssi, I'm sure you know that your reputation precedes you. You're well-known to be a hard-headed and ambitious young woman, as you should," he leads as he bends at the waist slightly, "no doubt about that." Jimin takes a deep breath. "However," he says slowly and carefully, "there is 1 doubt. From a long time ago. And it isn't a mystery to me."

Sorin's face remains stoic, but a muscle in her jaw jumps slightly. 

"I'm sure when you first were made aware of this deal, you were promised something in return, which you will, don't worry," his hands gesture as to placate her, "you won't lose anything."

Sorin is now outwardly glaring at Jimin from her seated position.

"But..." Jimin doesn't like this part of the plan. He really does want to be friends with her. 

Especially since they're similar in a big (and secret) aspect. 

"But you won't gain anything either. You'll be able to keep whatever you have if you just follow the plan."

"Am I supposed to interpret that as a threat, Jimin-ssi?"

He returns to his seat, elbows on the table, hands gesturing softly. "Kind of, but you honestly don't have to. I'm probably one of the few people in the corporate world that has no problem with who you date or what gender they are. I didn't search for this information, it was given to me. I'm choosing not to weaponize it. I don't plan on using that information to blackmail you. Especially since I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, in a... similar fashion."