PHASE 1.5

Park Jimin of Parkinetics Unleashes His Bad Boy Side With Secret Lover [Pictures Included!]

What a lame headline.

His father had texted the article to Jimin with fake angry texts following after. Jimin doesn't understand why. It's not like he needs to act mad in case people will be investigating his text messages. The article hadn't even gotten any hits yet. Well, it was 7 am after all and Jimin doubts this low-level gossip site has many dedicated readers. He shrugged it off and got ready for the day at the office. He takes the burner phone in his hand and debates whether he should take it. He pockets it while thinking about how his brother was staying home for the time being.

Things were going as usual. Jimin got to the office, checked up on the intern, got coffee with Yoongi, spent too much money on lunch (not that it mattered, he was rich), and got a shit ton of work done.

But one thing was different. The burner phone in his pocket felt like it was on fire. It matched the urge he felt to check if anything had been sent to him. It's on vibrate and he would feel it in his pocket, but there were no calls or texts all day. Jimin didn't know if the tightness in his chest was from nervousness or excitement. It was on his mind all day, luckily not to the point where it distracted him.

6:32 pm. He should've clocked out about an hour and a half ago, but something told him to not leave the safety of the office just yet. He didn't run out of work to do, that's for sure.

Bzz bzz

Jimin flinched so hard he almost sent an email that ended in a keyboard smash of letters.

He checked his surroundings to see if anybody witnessed the odd behavior before carefully removing the phone from his pocket and holding it below his desk in between his knees. He opened the text message. It was from a contact labeled No. 3. Sorin explained who would be who: No. 1 is Jimin, No. 2 is Sorin, No. 3 is Sangyoon, and No. 4 is Jungkook.

The text from his father was simple:

[No. 3] 6:33 PM

Identify

Jimin thinks maybe he wasn't given the list of who's who.

6:34 PM [No. 1]

JM

[No. 3] 6:34 PM

Ok. Just makign sure.

A typo? From my father? Odd. But Jimin just brushes the thought and doesn't expect any more texts. The bubbling anticipation had simmered down to a sad sort of calm. It was like he'd been let down. He was expecting something... someone else.

#####

[No. 3] is calling...

"Listen. I know who you are. And by now you should know who I am, so let's skip the introductions. I need you to do something for me ... What do you mean you don't know? ... Well I'm certainly not my father right? ... Right, so listen, I know the plan is to get Jimin-ah in a mess and then save him afterwards so that we can all live happily ever after. But that won't work for me. However, you do. You work for my father, which means you'll have to do what I tell you to too ... I don't care what you do, but Jimin has been in the shadows too long. You need more than just gossip sites, get him involved ... Am I sure about this? Of course I am, don't you know what's at stake? ... Yeah if he was a real brother to me, maybe I'd care ... Ok. And I'll call you later from my own burner phone, so only contact me that way, understand?"

#####

2 years ago

"Tae, are you sure I'm dressed up enough?"