1.4 | 𝗠𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗪𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻

Amara let out a sigh as they realised they lacked a key card to get out of the parking garage, so now they had to find a key card or another way out of this place. A sudden growl startled the two of them, Leon quickly pushed Amara aside as rabid dog jumped at Leon knocking him down to the ground. Amara had hit her head again causing pain to shoot through it while Leon held the dogs mouth away from his face, the growls of the rabid beast never ceased as Leon attempted to reach for his gun.

Amara, too dizzy to aim her weapon, attempted to take deep breaths in hopes to stop the spinning torture when a gunshot went off causing the dog to fall to the side. Leon and Amara turned to the sudden voice, "Hey." Leon sat up slightly, "Who is that?" Amara got a sudden chill of discomfort as the sound of heels clicked against the pavement, "Stay sharp." The dog began to growl again as it lifted its head, Amara raised her gun and shot the dog in the head; her heart aching at the poor creatures mutated form.

Leon picked up his gun and raised it at the mystery woman who stepped out into the light, her own gun raised at him. Amara looked the woman up and down with her gun raised, ready to fire if needed. "Lower it," The mystery woman spoke before looking towards Amara with a smirk, "Both of you." Amara didn't move, she waited for Leon's call as she trusted him despite the nagging in her mind screaming bad news about this woman in heels and a trench coat. Something about the woman seemed familiar to Amara but she couldn't pinpoint exactly why or when she had seen her before.

She pulled out a badge, "FBI." Leon lowered his gun before nodding at Amara, she lowered her gun slower than he did. "Sorry. Thank you-" Leon was cut off by the FBI Agent shooting the dog once again when it raised its head. Amara did not like the feeling she got off this agent but she tried to brush it off knowing that Leon would most likely trust the woman, which meant she'd had to deal with the cards given to her. The alarm bells in Amara's head were loud against the pounding which only worsened her instincts screaming at her not to trust this woman.

Leon looked at the dog before turning to the agent again, "-For your help." The agent lowered her gun and focused back on Leon, "Surprised you've made it this far." She turned to Amara and noticed the hesitation in Amara's eyes which only made her feel more powerful in the situation. The agent walked away from Leon, a sly smirk on her face towards Amara who finally managed to stand up without the dizzy feeling threatening to make her fall over.

Leon quickly got up to follow the agent with the intent to find answers, "FBI, huh? What's going on here?" The woman continued walking as Amara stayed in place leaving Leon to handle the situation as the uncomfortable feeling in her chest seemed to worsen rather than lessen which made her feel unwell. "Sorry. That information's classified," The agent claimed as she walked with confidence making Amara feel small for a moment as Leon didn't spare her a glance, his full attention on this mystery woman and his desire for answers; genuine jealously filling Amara's heart.

"Where are you going?" Leon questioned the agent who stopped and turned to him. "Do yourself a favour: Stop asking questions and get the hell out of here," She snapped back quickly before walking away from the two. Amara let out a steady breath as she looked around again, Leon's attention still on the agent who was no longer in sight of them. Amara walked off in the direction of a door while Leon focused on the now out of view agent to which still made Amara feel uneasy. it didn't take a genius to see that the agent's mysterious aura had pulled Leon's attention and Amara didn't like it which made her realise that she needed to back off a bit.

Amara walked towards the door hoping that it'd be accessible, she pushed the door opened and smiled lightly before turning her head to see Leon still standing in the same spot. "Leon!" Amara called out startling Leon who had genuinely forgotten about his companion, though she chose to ignore it. "Door is open, let's go and find a key card," Amara says before walking through the door with her gun raised, quietly walking down a hallway where distant growling could be heard. Amara tried her best not to think about what had happened but she certainly cursed at herself for being such a stupid girl, this wasn't some fairy tale.