-2-

Practice

The ball was heavy as it fell perfectly into his hands.

The weekend has felt like ages but he sighed in relieve as it was finally over.
The yellow and blue ball flew exactly into yamaguchis direction. It was a straight one and one with no spin.
He had set it that way because he has figured that yamaguchis long and thin fingers would have a stronger spike if he wouldn't have to regulate the spin first.
And he was right, the ball hit hard and Nishinoya had trouble digging it.
He looked around innocently searching for hinata.
He knew that he would come in late today, but a hour had already passed.

"My mighty King, would you be so kind to set my ball now?" The smirk on tsukkishimas face made him tingle in every inch of his body.
He had stopped calling him the king for half a year now, but apparently decided to continue that nickname. Tsukkishimas ball had to be slightly of the net and with only a little spin.
That way the ball would fall right into the setters arm when he hit it , making the other players of the enemies having to set, wich would lead to a less powerful attack.
He had studied every single movement his players made while spiking, and had calculated the perfect set for each individually.
He weighed the ball in between his hands positioning his hands exactly how he needed them.
"Hey, i finally made it."
The still childish like voice that had that little lightness and ring to it mad him lose his concentration.
The ball was set too high and with too much spin.
The position was slightly further than usual.
He could tell in tsukkishimas eyes that he had noticed the difference. Still he ran and jumped hitting the ball out of the court. He grind at kageyama.

"Well, well. Look who made your majesty lose his concentration."
Kageyama took a few wonkey steps towards that blond long stick like human , but had to claw  his fingers into the net in order not to fall.
He wanted to hit his face.
But deep down , somewhere in that blue and black fog he knew that tsukkishimas words were right. He just didn't believe them yet.
"Kageyama! You alright?"
Sugawaras soft voice made him stand up straight.
"Yes. Thank you for your worry. Im fine." The frustration that had build in his chest vanished with a blink of an eye as the tangerine asked for a set.
He agreed and focussed on the ball he would set him for the  new attack they were working on.
In that attack hinata would bend his back to slow down the time and when the block was going down again he would tilt his arm midair and hit the ball right into the net on the other side.
This move could be very useful, ukai had said.
The ball came flying and every moment now he would let his arms rise to it and set the fast but slower becoming ball he had practiced more than one thousand times.
His arms wouldn't flinch and the ball fell to the ground leaving him in frustration and hinata in concern.
"You should sit down. We need you at the wintercup this Thursday."
Mr. Takeda reached for a bottle of water and gave it to him. He snatched it away and threw himself against the wall leading some of the black karasuno  jackets to fall to the ground.
The cold water was running down his chin as he greedily took a few sips.

How could one person that he thought he hated so much make him so confused ?

„you seem more dense than usual, kageyama. Is something going on ?"
sugawara reached out and grabbed kageyamas shoulder.
He shivered and flipped his hair out of his eyes.
„I dont know. Its just... I've been confused about my feelings lately."
he answered and wondered if it was the right way to put it.
The  third year student took his hand back und thought for a moment.
„oh i understand. Is there anything i can do to help? We really need you for the game on Thursday. Please tell me if something is going on."
kageyama nodded knowing sugawara meant it nice but wouldn't understand.
Although he has been feeling something going on between him and daichi , kageyama didn't know if it was the same with him and that middle blocker.
He shouldered his bag and walked into the direction of his house when the light smell of oranges and vanilla touched his nose.
His eyes widened.
„Bye kageyama!"
hinata
As light and childish like voice swung  into his ear while he was riding his bike past him.
He held his fist tight and whispered:

bye hinata.