-9-

The door was out of a dark wood like the traditional Japanese huts would have.

The whole house that reminded kageyama of old Japanese movies was traditional having little Sakura plants out side the door and good luck charms hung up all over the place.
He wasn't sure if it was the right house, though the door sign  said 'hinata'.

He took a deep breath  and stepped into the garden that had a little stone path to lead to the house hinata claimed to live in.
He had followed sugawaras instructions on where he lived and followed his phone to the address the number two of the karasuno volleyball team had given him.

He raised his hand and laid it flat onto the wooden door.
Was it alright to step into hinatas house like that?

Sugawara had told him hinata had a little sister that was clingy and that his mother might want kageyama to stay for dinner, since she was extremely sincere and welcoming.

He knocked.

The steps he neared were no doubt those of a child followed by someone elder.
The door opened with a little sighing  noise and a little girl with pigtails wearing farmers jeans and a yellow T-shirt standing there.
Behind her was a woman with short hair and a brown dress carrying an apron.

Both of them owned the same tangerine like orange hair like hinata.

Kageyama bowed deeply and his jacket almost slipped off his shoulders.

"Oh no, please don't bow."
The woman smiled at him and laid a hand onto his shoulder welcoming him in.

He stood back up straighter and took a step.
"How tall are you? You are huge!"
Hinatas little sister , or how he could assume after what Sugawara had said, looked at him with round goldfish like brown eyes.

"I..I am 182cm.." he stuttered.

"No no natsu, don't be impolite. This young man has just gotten here."
Hinatas mother wiped her hands onto her orange apron before touching natsus hair, stroking it.

It reminded kageyama of how hinata did when he burst into tears after that game.
Kageyama instantly blushed with embarrassment of that memory.

"Come in, young man. I take it you are here to see my son, shoyo ?"
She went back into the house heading for a little cabinet and taking out some slippers.
"I..actually.. I was only...I came here..."
he started to sweat in panic.

"Kageyama?"
The child like voice made him calm down a bit.

"Oh goodie! You brought my ball!"

Hinata sprinted Torwarts him and tripped making him fall onto his knees.
The patch on his forehead to make his fever go down fell off and little drops of blood dropped onto the bright wooden floor.

"My nose...it's bleeding again.."
he chuckled an unhonest laugh before covering his nose with his hand.

"shoyo , my dear. Go clean yourself, I'll do the floor."
His mother let the slippers fall instantly and rushed , helping her son up and to ,what kageyama guessed, the bathroom.

"Oni-chan is still sick."
Natsu said quietly and holding both her hands tightly.

Kageyama kneeled down wrapping his left hand around those of hinatas little sister and his right one around her head.

"It's just a fever , natsu-Chan. He will be okay."
He didn't dare to try to smile a comforting smile so he just sat down onto the floor and started taking his shoes off.

The slippers were too small.

Half his feet touched the floor.
He didn't  dare to say anything about it and hoped no one would notice.

"Your slippers...oni-chans friend...are they too small? Do the slippers that are two sizes too big for oni-chan , don't fit oni-chans big friend?"
natsu bowed down to take a closer look which made kageyama stop in his motion and turn his head at her.

"Now Natsu, go help mommy clean the floor alright? Let's not bother shoyo and his friend." 
Hinatas mother smiled softly and took natsu by her small and fluffy hand.
"Let's not bother Oni-chan and oni-chans big friend."
Natsu cired out and followed her mother into the kitchen to get wipes.

"I'm sorry, for my little sister, kageyama"
hinata hustled and coughed.
His nose stopped bleeding but his face was pale and his T-shirt had a sweat stain on it.

"Don't worry...I have a sister too... a big one though."
He looked at hinata, who was looking to the floor.

"Anyways...here is your ball."
Kageyama had held on to it after changing his shoes.
The middle blocker took it with hesitation but grabbed it then.

"Thank you for coming all this way. I know we don't live near the city."

Hinat looked up at him sweat dropping off his chin and forehead like after a game.
He was leaning against a wall, like he would loose his ability to stand if he wouldn't.

"I'm pathetic."

Hinata said and teared up.
"What? Why...? "
kageyama was shocked at his sudden burst of emotions.

"No...no you're sick...that's all."
Kageyama stepped towards him but didn't know what to do.

"Can you hug me ?"

Hinata asked , a tear dropping down his cheek.

Kageyama hesitated, debating wether it was okay to just hug hinata, but figured since he was the one to ask him to do so, it was.
He took a few steps and wrapped his arm around the thin and small body, burying his nose in the soft smell of vanilla and oranges of hinatas hair.
Hinata didn't hug him back.
He had to hold onto the wall in order not to fall.
Kageyama noticed and hugged him tighter signalling him he would be there to hold him.

"I want to be with you, kageyama."

Hinatas voice was unstable and shaky.
it was quiet and like he  didn't know if it was the right thing to say.

Kageyama eyes widened.
Was that a confession?
He wasn't sure.

"Kageyama...say something.."
the setter stroked hinatas back which was wet from the sweat.

"I...."

He searched in his mind for something he could say.

"Is this ... too sudden?"
Hinata asked, mumbling into the hoodie Tobio  was wearing.

"I understand that...we have never even hung out...and I know it's sudden and it's going really fast...but..."

he paused and looked up at kageyama, making him have to look down.

"..but I thought about it a few days now...and I think you... you should know."

kageyama was shaking not knowing what to do.

"You should go...maybe..."
hinata smiled and pushed him away a bit, making him have to take a few steps back.

"I'll see you somewhen..."