-3-

Losing

Thursday.
The gym that the wintercup would happen in was big.
The doors were out of glass and solid wooden floors were decorating the inner part and the court. „the first game will be at 12:30. that is in 20 minutes. Try to focus." daichi looked at his team and smiled warmly.
The game went well, or so he thought.
The first game they had to play was against okihamanatsu.
And the first few minutes they did make more points than the others.12/18. the first match was basically theirs.

The ball flew and tsukkishima assigned him to jump for a block.
He did but the spiker hit the ball into a curve and avoided the block making the ball hit the ground hard.
Tsukkishima looked at him and his eyes told him how mad he was.
The ball flew in a curve.
He had never seen anything like that.
A ball that was able to avoid blocks, and hit the ground so hard that not even their libero was able to get it.

Ukai called in a break and he walked to the bench slowly.
„Their attacks from the number 5 are dangerous. You need to make sure your blocks are arrangeable and block in every direction. "

Kageyama looked furious but nodded. Daichi clapped his hand knowing his team was scared. „Alright guys. We can do this. Karasuno...FIGHT."
they yelled and jogged back onto the field.

„Hey kageyama. Me and noya will get every ball  you miss."
those brown eyes that were soaked in the need to touch the ball.

The hair that was soaking from his sweat and his body that was in a low posture.

„Um... yes...you idiot."
he didnt know better than to call him that. Otherwise he feared he would see him as week.

The opponent served a float serve and nishinoye digged it perfectly making him be able to have a perfect set.
He aimed high and struck out his fingers.
Should he set to azumane or to tanaka?
He slowly analysed the team on the other side of the field. The number 7 was a small player and would most likely not be able to block tanaka. He placed his fingers to the right position and jumped up only a slight bit.
The ball was perfect. It hat no spin and was set just how tanaka liked it.
A bit away from the net and low.
He ran and hit the ball hard.
There was no way that the big and muscular number  11 in the back would be able to dig that.
He smiled.
Only to make it freeze as the number 7 turned around and digged it high making the number 11 hit it ,straight without a set ,  into the field.
Nishinoya ran for the ball and so did hinata.

But they were to late.

They lost.

21/25 and 13/25.
karasuno lost the first game of the wintercup.
How could that be though?
The spikes were mainly good.
At least when kageyama was able to set them perfect.
Wich did not  happen when hinata was within reach.
They had only played the fast ball combo twice since most of the balls he set for hinata were not suitable for such an attack.

„Kageyama, do you not feel too well?" tanaka asked.
„you seem a bit... off. Maybe you should habe let suga play this game."

kageyama blinked back tears.
Hearing that he should have gone  of the Field because he wasnt good enough was hurtful.
„I'll be using the restroom."
he whispered leaving his teammates and heading for the benches that were so highly placed that you could see almost whole of Tokyo.

He was used to blinking back tears and let the pain soak.
And that is what he did he took deep breaths and blinked back his tears.