Chapter 79

When we reach the water source, he acts swiftly, dousing my head with water in a rough, frantic attempt to clean me up.

I'm caught off guard, choking on the water, chest heaving as I struggle to catch my breath.

Curtis's fierce glare halts him in his tracks, a silent but potent warning.

Finally, I manage to cough and gasp, cool air filling my lungs.

Curtis's attention refocuses on me, while Darius cautiously distances himself, scratching at the ground.

A strange scent reaches my nostrils, overpowering the remnants of egg. It's emanating from me.

Darius's intense gaze locks onto me, his golden eyes narrowing in realization.

His gaze darts to the enormous eggshell beside me, his reaction unmistakable.

"That's a giant beast egg!" Curtis's crimson eyebrows knit tightly together, astonishment and concern crossing his features.

"And it probably belongs to the king of the giant beasts."

I can't believe my ears. The situation has taken an unexpected turn, mirroring Bai Qingqing's experience eerily.

Seriously? This is just my luck.

All I wanted was a bit of peace and some sleep. Yet here I am, caught up in the chaos of a prehistoric world and dropped by a giant egg.

Bai Qingqing's heart races as an overwhelming sense of dread washes over her while running through the dense forest.

Something massive and menacing is hot on her heels, its heavy footsteps echoing ominously behind her.

She dashes between trees, her breath coming in ragged gasps as she pushes herself to the limits of her stamina.

Silent screams reverberate through her mind, a desperate call for Parker to come to her rescue.

But as she casts a frantic glance around, there is no sign of him.

He hasn't found her yet, and the realization sends a surge of fear coursing through her veins.

The forest seems to close in around her, the trees casting long, eerie shadows as the pursuing presence draws nearer.

Panic wells up within her chest, threatening to suffocate her.

"You dare to poison me, hm?" a chilling voice taunts, its tone dripping with malice.

Bai Qingqing's heart pounds even harder as she recognizes the voice.

"Good thing I had three animal stripes and resisted the poison."

A vivid red form coils around her leg, sending a jolt of terror through her body.

She screams, a mix of fear and anger bubbling to the surface.

"I hate you... I hate you, don't come near me you filthy snake!"

Bai Qingqing's gaze locks onto his face, her eyes burning with defiance and loathing.

The very sight of him ignites a fierce rage within her.

The serpent-like figure before her seems to smirk, its sinister amusement evident.

"Ha, my heart hurts seeing you reject me so many times. I'm accustomed to females rejecting me, but it seems you're so eager to be forced, hm?"

Her heart races, a cocktail of emotions surging through her.

Fear, anger, and a deep sense of vulnerability battle for dominance within her.

She refuses to back down, her gaze never wavering from the menacing figure before her.

"You stole my snake skin, yet you didn't want to face me?" The words slither from his lips, dripping with accusation and venom.

Bai Qingqing's pulse quickens at his chilling statement, her mind racing to make sense of the situation.

His presence looms over her, the air heavy with tension as she struggles to maintain her composure.

She clenches her fists, her nails digging into her palms as a surge of determination courses through her.

"You think you can just take something from me and walk away?" he continues, his voice a dangerous hiss.

"You belong to me, whether you like it or not."

Bai Qingqing's chest tightens with a mix of defiance and unease.

She refuses to succumb to his intimidation, her eyes narrowing as she meets his gaze with unwavering resolve.

"I don't belong to anyone," she retorts, her voice steady despite the tremor beneath her words.

"I won't let you control me."

A sinister smile creeps across his face, a predatory glint in his eyes.

"Oh, my sweet little prey, you can struggle all you want, but you can't escape your fate."