Chapter 5: Duck hunting

She held onto me hiding her face. She squealed in terror. "You do this everyday!?" Miku exclaimed as I swung. She was extremely scared. She gripped her hand on my face blocking my view. "Miku I know your scared but I can't see anything!" She moved her hand but still had her eyes closed. I finally landed on the roof of her apartment. She still held onto me scared. "Miku your home now... you can let go" she slowly let go of me with messed up hair and a flushed face. "I'm sorry about that it was the first time swinging with someone like that" she caught her breath and stared at me. "I-it's ok... just maybe I shouldn't have asked for a swing if I'm kinda afraid of heights" she said shyly "I don't know how you aren't afraid of being that high up" she asked.

Flashback
I gripped onto the top of the antenna of the Empire State Building. My eyes were closed and my face was hugged close to the metal. "Your crazy your crazy your crazy" I yelled at myself over and over again. I eventually took a deep breath and I turned around looking out over the city. My heart was racing. The wind beat against my red hoodie along with bandanna and goggles that made up my mask at the time. I looked out at the city and saw how beautiful it was. Then I looked down and saw asphalt that was awaiting me. I turned back around and hugged the antenna hiding my face. "I'm crazy! This is insane I can't do this!" Then I thought about all the things that happened just a few weeks prior. What my uncle Ben would want from me. I took a deep breath planted my feet on the metal then I pushed off.

Flashback

"You get used to it" I said with a smile "I don't think that's a good thing, get changed and let's go" I did as she said and we arrived at the apartment.

Inside I saw Nino in the kitchen Yotsuba was sitting on the couch and Itsuki was studying on the kitchen table. "Hey! Where were you two?" Yotsuba asked. Nino looked at us and I realized it wasn't a hood look. Mikus hair was messed up and her face was flushed from the adrenaline. My hair was jacked up from my mask and my clothes were messy from putting on to fast. Nino looked at us for a second. Nino then walked over to me and stared me . "Where were you two. What where you doing." She said with a face of a murderer. I started blushing in what she was insinuating."What- no we were jus-" then Miku cut me off "We had to run to catch a cab. So we're a little red from that" thank you Miku. "Fine... if I ever catch you sniffing around one of my sisters like that I ll give you beat down so bad your own mother won't recognize you". She glared at me with murderess intent "Well she wouldn't recognize me normally because she's... y'know.... Dead" she looked at me and didn't know what to say getting caught off guard. "Anyway let's study" I said. Then we began. Nino we did her own thing Yotsuba joined us and we began. Itsuki was by herself at the table studying.

After a minute I noticed that Nino was having trouble with the oven. She was smacking it "ugh what the hell" she was clearly frustrated. I walked over "Hey im pretty handy... I might be able to help?" I said to her. "Ugh fine" she responded I noticed there was a turkey cooking in the oven. I bent down and began fiddling with the electronics. Eventually the oven lit up and the turkey began cooking. "Ugh who made this thing! Must be a piece of crap if you can fix it" who made this thing. I wish I knew who made vultures wings... Wait the wings were displayed at the OsCorp tech rally when Vulture took Norman. Maybe they know a weak spot of the wings!

I shot up "Nino your a genius thank you!" she looked at me confused "Huh what the hell are you talking about?" I raced over to my bag and began packing up. "Where are you going?" Yotsuba asked me "Oh uh I-" then Miku replied interrupted. "He had to help his aunt" she lied as I grabbed my bag and ran for the roof. "Please study I have to run!" I said as I dashed out the door and made my way to the roof.

"Woohooo!" I yelled as I dived off the roof. I shot a line and did a backflip at the apex of my swing that I turned into a dive. I fired a web almost hitting the ground and sliding my hand along the asphalt as I swung.
"Ok so the vulture had almost the same wings as the one at the OsCorp Expo so hopefully they have a way to shut them down" I said as I swung. "Now time to pay Norman a visit." I said slightly dissatisfied from having to talk to him.