Chapter 8

Aladdin was sitting at his Hovel with Genie, Grace, Abu and Carpet

"The Oracle was right. My dad was trapped in the world of the Forty Thieves. Trapped by his own greed" Aladdin said and he opens the curtain and sees the view "I was so stupid to think I could change him"

"Trying to show him a better life wasn't stupid, Al" Genie said and started using his fist as a puppet "leaving him alone with the parrot, that was stupid"

"Everything was perfect before he came into my life" Aladdin said and then he had an idea "I just want things the way they were. Genie, I need my father's clothes"

"A-A-Al, what did you wrap the turban too tight?" Genie makes a twisty motion with his fingers "come on, why would you want to dress in the King of Thieves ensemble?"

Cassim's blue outfit appears and Aladdin takes it

"Might I suggest something that doesn't actually say" Genie and and appeared wearing a prison uniform "Arrest Me!?"

"It fits. Good" Aladdin said in Cassim's outfit

"I'm seeing, I'm seeing..." Genie as the Oracle and changes back to normal "nothing for your future if you dress like this!"

"I'm breaking my father out of the dungeon. The guards'll never know I was there" Aladdin said "tonight, the King of Thieves will make his most miraculous escape ever... out of my life" and he leaves

"It's the cape talking, isn't it?" Genie said

"I have a bad feeling about this" Grace said

"Come on Grace, let's get back to the palace" Genie sad as he picked her up and carried her back to the palace and Carpet follows them

A while later, at the balcony of the palace, Aladdin was back but not with Cassim. Jasmine was holding Grace against her shoulder when she was next to Aladdin

"Frankly, my boy, your actions were most disappointing" Sultan said

"It is tragic your highness, but the street rat has obviously followed in his father's footsteps" Rasoul said "Aladdin is a criminal"

"I object, your honor" Genie appears, dressed as a lawyer the setting into a courtroom, with Sultan as the judge and Rasoul as the bailiff "I object to that outrageous statement. And I object to a tertiary character having any lines during my big courtroom scene"

"Take this to a higher court, chow!" Genie hands Rasoul a briefcase and blasts Rasoul out of the scene "your honor, if I may enter a plea of insanity, because I'm crazy about this kid!" and he messes up Aladdin's hair

"Genie, I can handle this myself" Aladdin pushes Genie away "Sultan, I convinced my father to come here. It was my fault. I would've been better off if I'd never known him"

"Aladdin, you found your father. A father who risked his freedom to see your wedding and you risked everything to save him" Jasmine said "just as I would for my father"

"Your father?" Sultan softening "well... well yes... Aladdin, I could not overlook your father's crimes, but what you have done, well, you did it out of love. And you came back to take responsibility for your actions. Let us put this matter behind us. I believe we have postponed the wedding long enough"

"Okay, good call! Let's give a big hand for the wise and generous Sultan!" Genie said as Sultan is led away by two large Genie hands

Then they heard Iago's scream. Iago falls from the sky and landed on Carpet

"Al's dad... Sa'luk..." Iago said while running out of breath

Jasmine hands Grace to Aladdin, goes up to him and picks him up

"Just take a deep breath, Iago" Jasmine said "now what about Aladdin's father?"

"It's Sa'luk, the guy Al beat. He's not beat, he's back" Iago said "and he's got Cassim"

"That's his problem" Aladdin said "he chose to go back to that life"

"Al, your dad's made a lot of bad choices" Genie said after Jasmine hands Iago to him "but that doesn't mean you have to"

"He is your father, how can you do anything else?" Jasmine asked Aladdin

"I'm being as stubborn as he was..." Aladdin said after he puts Grace down and walks to the balcony and then he turns to Iago "show me the way!"

Iago sighs