Peeta Mellark

⚠️ mentions of how some people died

⚠️ mentions of how some people died. ⚠️

Peeta Mellark. He is kind, compassionate, brave, strong, loyal, bold, and selfless. Lyra Blackwood. She is intelligent, kind-hearted, ambitious, confident, compassionate, and charismatic.

Peeta Mellark grew up in District 12, the district for coal mining, and pale, starving people. Peeta's family owned a bakery. Lyra Blackwood grew up in District 2, the district for skilled masonry, producing weapons, and training peacekeepers. Lyra came from a line of male peacekeepers. Lyra Blackwood was 15 when she was reaped, in the 73rd annual Hunger Games for Panem, which, after a week of pain, torture, she won, but she didn't win, no she just survived the Hunger Games.

Peeta Mellark was 16 years old when he was reaped, in the 74th annual Hunger Games for Panem. Which is where we pick up, Lyra and Peeta being 16 years old, Lyra being a victor of District 2, Peeta being a tribute for District 12, both on their way to the Capital. While there Lyra preps and prepares her two tributes, Clove Kentwell and Cato Hadley. Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen, the two tributes for District 12, are talking with their districts victor, Haymitch Abernathy. Five days after making it to the capital the 24, tributes went to do their interviews with Caesar Flickerman, when the biggest plot twist happened.

"Very funny, Peeta, so tell me is there a special girl back home." Caesar questioned wanting to know all the juicy details.

"No. No. Not really." Peeta says, with slight confidence.

"No? I don't believe that for a second. Look at that face. Handsome man like you. Peeta tell me." Caesar says, knowing Peeta definitely liked someone.

"Well, there... there is this one girl that I feel like I've had a crush on forever. But I don't think she noticed me until the reaping." Peeta says, giving Caesar a little of what he wants.

"Well, I'll tell you what, Peeta. You go out there and you win this thing, and when you get home, she'll have to go out with you. Right folks?" Caesar says, wanting to get the capital on Peeta's side and wanting to see if Peeta, will tell everyone who the girl is.

"Thanks, but I don't think winning's gonna help me at all." Peeta says, giving into Caesar.

"And why not?" Caesar asks , confused.

"Because she's not from my district." Peeta says, with a little, more confidence.

"Well, that's bad luck." Caesar says, not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings.

"Yeah, it is" Peeta says, a little sad.

"If you don't mind me asking, and you don't have to answer, but who is it?" Caesar questioned starting to understand Peeta more.

"Lyra.... Lyra Blackwood." Peeta says after he gathered all the courage he had.

"Last years, district 2's victor?" Caesar says, wanting to make sure they were gonna be talking about the same person.

"Yes, that very one." Peeta says.

"Well, you never know maybe she will want you. If you guys didn't know, Lyra dates people based on personalities, not looks. So you, Peeta Mellark, still have a chance. And I wish you the best of luck." Caesar says, now shipping Peeta and Lyra.

"Thank you." Peeta says, hoping Lyra saw, and will be willing to give him, a chance if he won, well more like if he survived.

Katniss was pissed, kinda hoping Peeta would have said he liked her, cause she kinda, sorta, had a teeny tiny crush on him, and was wanting to know if he returned the feelings. When in reality he most definitely did not. He wanted a famous girl, or at least that's all Katniss sees Lyra as. Later that night he writes a letter, one for Lyra and the other to nobody in particular, the one to Lyra says how he would love to get to known her, and if she'll allow him, to take her on a date, the other him not wanting to be a pawn for the capital. Right before the tributes went into the arena, Lyra got the two letters, and went to see Peeta, before he was sentenced to his death if he didn't survive. When she got there, he was surprised to see her.

"I hope you win. And I look forward to that date." Lyra says.

"Me too." Peeta says.

"Good luck, and don't die." Lyra says.

"I'll try not to and thanks." Peeta says, and then Lyra kisses him on the lips for a good amount of time, before he has to get into the tube.

Five days later everyone but, Peeta, Katniss, Cato, Clove, Foxface, and Thresh. Foxface died by eating poisonous Nightlock berries. When going to get the medicine for Peeta, Katniss was attacked by Clove. Clove was strangled by Thresh, for mocking Katniss about a young girl named Rue's death. Rue was Thresh's district teammate. Thresh was then killed by Cato who avenged Clove's death. Cato also killed Katniss, avenging Clove's death, and being one step closer to winning.

But unfortunately for Cato, Peeta was still alive, and Peeta killed Cato by pushing him off the cornucopia, then he was attacked by a mutated wolf-life creatures. Then it was revealed that Peeta won. When Peeta got back to the capital, he and Lyra meet up got to know each other, then had to go through the victory tour, before going back home. Haymitch, Effie, and Lyra went with Peeta. On the tour Lyra had secretly given the tributes families peace offerings, she had given Rue's family food, and other items Rue loved. She had given Katniss's mother so money, food, and some items she loved. Lyra gave Katniss's sister, Primrose, her mockingjay pin.

The rebellion still happened but Lyra Blackwood and Peeta Mellark were the face of the whole thing. After that Peeta and Lyra finally got peace and quiet, they even started their own family, now knowing that their kids won't have to go through the hunger games like they did, living happily ever after.

1002 words