2

I sit on my bed with my eyes trained on my exposed thighs with my hands underneath my legs

I sit on my bed with my eyes trained on my exposed thighs with my hands underneath my legs. Koby stands in front of me screaming at me for how I didn't reply to his messages and didn't ask him if I could go to the club.

My leg bounces against the fluffy rug on my floor just next to my bed "How fucking stupid can you be? Seriously! I've told you numerous times not to leave your apartment without asking me!" He screams bending down to my height.

His face inches away from mine, his whiskey filled breath enveloping my nostrils. He always gets like this and he's been drinking more than usual, he says it's because of how stressful his job is but I don't know.

"Are you fucking listening to me?" He seethes, wrapping his hand around my throat yanking my face forward. I splutter out a cough as my breath gets caught in my throat.

I nod my head as much as I can with the restricted amount of movement I can make, his fingers press harder into my throat. My hands fly to his and I try and pry his hands off me.

"Pl- please." I choke out, "le-let go." My hands shaking around his. He doesn't let go, oh no he just squeezes even tighter, I start to panic and my whole body trembles.

"If you pull this shit again, I promise you" he whispers his lips skimming my cheek with each word "I will fucking kill you." My eyes widen at his words.

He pulls away sand squeezes even harder, black spots clouding my vision. My lungs burning and screaming for air, a couple seconds go by and I'm out like a light.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

I jolt awake pulling myself off my bed bringing my hands up to my throat, tears falling out of my eyes at a fast pace. I run to my bathroom and inspect my neck, a bruise the shape of Koby's hand imprinted on my throat.

My tears burn my cheeks, my face is pale, I can't keep my eyes off the bruise on my neck. This isn't the first time this has happened, it's a normal occurrence in our relationship.

People might think it's easy to get out of a toxic and abusive relationship but it isn't. I used to think how can people stay with someone who hurts them? I didn't understand it until I wound up in an abusive relationship myself.

I tuck my hair behind my ears and walk into my closet grabbing a hoodie and throwing it on making sure my necks covered before Nat comes home.

i hear my phone ringing from my bedroom and rush over to answer it, a picture of me and Quinn popping up on my screen with quinn's name. i press the green answer button and stand my phone up on the bed againt the pillows.

i get comfortable on the bed when the screen connects and Quinns make up free face pops up on the screen with her hair up in a messy bun.

"Rosie! oh am i happy to see you! if i dont speak to someone normal i might just lose my mind." shs screaches. she pushes her fly aways out of her face ad huffs leanin forward her whole face taking up the screen.

oh how i've missed her voice.

"Hey to you too, Quinny." i laugh. I cross my legs resting my elbow on my knee and placing my chin in my hand looking down at my gorgeous best friend.

"Aaron is actually driving me insane. He won't change Luna's diaper, he's expecting me to do it." she throws a pillow across the room in frustration.

i laugh at her expense "I bet you wish i was there to help you." i scratch at my wrists, i listen to her rant for a while about how Aaron has been stressing her out.

She tells me all about how its going over there with her, Aaron and Luna. She fills me in on Atlas and Amara and how they are doing in their relationship.

I spoke to Atlas maybe a week ago and ive come to realise that were not as close as we used to be. I think its my fault because i dont really get round to speaking to him as much anymore or seeing him because of complications.

"Let me go get Luna." She says before rushing off camera, i grab my phone and stand it up on my vanity deciding to fold up my washing.

Quinn comes back with little Luna in her arms "oh theres my beautiful niece." I coo, putting my folded shorts on my bed.

Quinn's eyebrows pinch together and she moves closer to the camera "Autumn-rose Manner! What in gods name are those bruises doing on your legs?" Her voice threatening.

I completely forgot that I was wearing shorts and that my legs are exposed to her right now from where I'm stood she has a clear view of my whole body. She doesn't know what goes on behind closed doors of mine and Koby's relationship.

"You know I'm clumsy Quinns, few bumps here and there and I bruise like a peach." I lie straight through my teeth, I keep my eyes on the folded jeans in my hands.

"You better not be fucking lying to me, rose." She says, my eyes casting towards her and her perfectly manicured finger pointed at me.

"It's nothing, Quinns I promise." I send her a fake smile. I decide to change the topic and ask her about Aaron and how it's going with him in the NHL.

I don't need her asking me too many questions, I know I'll end up slipping up and I'm not ready to tell her about what goes on between me and Koby. I don't want anyone knowing because I know I can't get out of this even if I tried.

If Koby was to find out I told anyone about what he does to me shit would hit the fan, he would actually kill me and I'm not ready for him to treat me worse than he already is.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

Rosie's outfit: