9

'𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬'

When I woke up in the hospital it took me some times to comprehend what had happened and how I got here. I started to peace back what had happened in the apartment with Koby.

The fact that Koby dared to put his hands on me pissed me off so much, but it also worries me. Did he do something to Rosie? Did he hurt her? Is she here? What if he has been hurting her their whole relationship and I didn't know about it.

I rip out the tubes out of my arms and heave myself out of bed, my body aching and my head pounding. But I don't stop I grab the IV and walk out of the hospital room, my bare feet hitting the cold floor as I look through each room searching for my best friend.

Maybe Koby has been hurting her all along and that's why she hasn't been talking to her brother or her friends, maybe that's why she distanced herself so that they wouldn't find out what goes on in their relationship.

I stop in my tracks as my eyes fall onto my best friend laid in the same hospital bed I was in, tubes connected to her. Bruises and cuts litter her face and body, her breathing shallow and her eyes closed.

I drag my IV into her room and stand beside her bed looking down at her, she looks so fragile I'm scared to even touch her. I intertwine my fingers with hers and a tear manages to escape my eye, I'm never one to cry I see crying as a weakness but seeing my best friend in this state really gets to me.

It feels like a knife is being plunged into my chest and I'm slowly bleeding out onto the white tiled floor. My heart breaks seeing my best friend like this, she has never once deserved this, she's the most amazing girl I have ever met. She's so pure and innocent, she deserves to be happy and live a life full of love and laughter.

She doesn't deserve to be in such pain, her life has been full of so much darkness, trauma and abuse since the moment Koby came crashing into her life. He's ruined her and he's still ruining her even though he's not here but she doesn't realise it.

She tries to please him, she tries to make him happy even though it's hurting her in the process. She's so selfless and always puts other peoples needs before hers, even if it ruins her in the end.

"Who are you?" I jump and gasp when someone's speaks from behind me. I let go of Rosie's hand and wipe my tears before turning around to look at the person.

A girl with blonde hair stands in the room with a coffee in her hand, her blonde hair is thrown into a messy bun on the top of her head, her eyes are so cold and drained, the bags under her eyes only tell me she hasn't slept for a while.

It clicks in my head who she is, it's Quinn. The girl Rosie has told me so much about. Rosie told me that back home she has a bestfriend called Quinn and she's told me so many great things about her.

What is she doing here?

A man walks in behind her holding a cute little girl in his arms, his brows pinch together when he looks at me. He must be Aaron and the little sweetness in his arms must be Luna, Rosie always talks about them.

Quinn clears her throat and I shake away my thoughts "oh, I'm Natalie. Rosie's my best friend, you must be Quinn she's told me so much about you." I reach my hand out greeting her politely.

Her eyes widen in recognition "Oh my god, I'm so sorry for being rude. Yes I'm Quinn, it's nice to meet you Natalie. Rosie has told me about you." She shakes my hand in return.

She walks past me and puts her coffee on the table and takes a seat at the stool next to Rosie's bed. Aaron looks over at me and just smiles before he takes a seat on the couch in the room placing Luna next to him as she plays with her teddy.

I move back over to Rosie's bed and my eyes stayed focus on her face. Quinn takes a deep breath beside me "do you know what happened to her?" She asks, I can hear the sadness on her voice.

"I think it was koby." I breath out. "I don't know what exactly happened but I think it was him who did this to her." I whisper.

Her head snaps to me and she gasps when I say his name. A tear slips out of her eye "Koby did this? I mean- I did have a feeling something was off about him but I didn't think he'd do something like this." I rushes out.

"Can you tell me everything you remember?" She pleads looking up at me with teary eyes. I take a deep breath and grab a stool sitting down on the other side of the bed.

"We was just about to go out to the club I work in. Rosie wanted to apply for a job there just so she could have something on the side. But, as we were about to leave Koby showed up. I knew there was always something off about him, he never let her out of the house, he always caused a scene when she went somewhere without telling him."

As I speak about everything I start connecting the dots. "Me and him started arguing and he got really angry, at one point he grabbed my neck and was choking me and then the next thing I remember is being thrown across the room, then I woke up here. That's all I know." I look down at my hands in my lap.

I feel like a fucking idiot right now, how did I not see the signs. They have been so clear but I've been so caught up in my own fucking head that I didn't see that my own best friend has been hurting for so long.

"Oh my god." Quinn chokes. She bites down on her lip as more tears fall down her face, sobs leave her throat as she stares down at Rosie's body on the hospital bed.

I shake my head and press my lips together hoping to stop the sobs that are forcing their way out of my throat "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I should have known, I should have figured it out." I cover my mouth with my hand as my sobs start to fall out of my lips.

How could I have let this happen.

"Hey, this isn't your fault. This is none of your guys fault. This is koby's fault he did this, he hurt Rosie, you aren't to blame for here he is." Aaron rises from the couch coming towards the bed reassuring us.

He wraps his arms around his girlfriend and she cries into his arms. Rosie told me that she's been friends with Quinn since they were kids and seeing her in so much pain really does hurt me, the fact that she probably blames herself for this is awful.

I just hope that when she wakes up she will make the right decision and leaves him, I hope we can all help her get away from him and live the life that she's always dreamed of.