Chapter 18

Ruby's P.O.V

Matrix insisted on coming. They were adamant about watching over me. I wanted to tell Matrix a piece of my mind. I was a strong independent woman. I could take care of myself without someone else's help. I can manage on my own.

But the more I look at Matrix, the more I wanted them to come. I wanted to get nasty with Matrix at the bar, and probably make out. That was one of the things that I've always wanted to do in a bar. But that won't happen. Not when Matrix is so hard to move.

"What do you think?" Matrix motioned for me to turn around, and I did so. I don't even know why I'm asking Matrix's opinion. It's not as if I was dressing to impress Matrix.

That handsome smile crept up to their face, telling me that they liked what they saw. I looked away, not wanting to give away that I was looking at their adorable smile. I heard them clear their throat, which tells me that Matrix was done eyeing me.

I liked having Matrix's eyes on me.

"Gorgeous. You don't want to wear something sluttier?" I snorted and grimaced.

"Ooh, sorry. Just wanted to think that you wanted to wear something sluttier."

"I can be your slut." I murmured, but this time, it was not enough so that Matrix could hear.

They looked me in the eyes, staring and locked. Their eyes never left me, not even when I tilted my head to the side because I was nervous that Matrix heard that. After our kiss, I took it upon myself to be a responsible individual and not drag Matrix with me to Lust Land.

"Right, we should go."

I think I broke Matrix. Matrix drove us to the bar that we agreed upon. We were only a few. Rina, Princess, Allyssa, Funjee with her boyfriend, Matrix and then me. We made sure to bring the SUV since Matrix was going to drive all of us back to safety.

"Do you want me far away from you guys?"

Why would I want Matrix far away from me? So more women can flock to their side and steal them away from me? Wait, what the fuck? What am I on about when we're not in any kind of relationship? I need to makeout with someone or else I'm going crazy. Matrix is driving me crazy.

Just driving even made them look attractive. The silky smooth hair which shone in health, and the damned freckles on their cheeks. The inviting neck and the pink lips. Everything was already in front of me, but I can't have it. We can't always have what we want.

"Not necessarily. You're free to do whatever you want."

"Okay,"

We managed to find a parking space and met everyone else outside the bar. There was a line, but since it was still a bit early, the line was short. Matrix sticked to my side, and since Matrix was a bit shorter than me, they were looking adorable. They were vigilant. Ready to take on anything that was going to happen.

"Hey, sorry we're late." Funjee and her boyfriend, Justin, giggled.

"Matrix, this is my boyfriend, Justin. Justin, Matrix," Funjee introduced them. Matrix looked at Justin and I could tell that they were on their guard. I swear Matrix is like a cat when there's someone else in the room or just in general.

"Hey," Justin was oblivious to Matrix's dislike, as well as the others.

Was I the only one that knows Matrix like this? I've been aware of Matrix's social cues for quite a while now.

Matrix shook Justin's hand. I was surprised. This person does not like touch, even though it was for formalities. Makes me wonder what happened to them.