Chapter 5

Matrix's P.O.V

It's been a week since I've started living with the Lims. It's been a week since school started. And it's been a week since I met Ruby. I could definitely see us getting busier and busier. I'd been reading my books and Ruby was cramming. Starting Wednesday, I've been going to her room and waking her up. It was fun, waking her up and seeing her sleeping, but I could tell that she was really pushing herself to her limit.

Today's a Saturday but Ruby has classes, while I don't. I don't know if they're really classes. She doesn't know either. She knows that she needs to go to school to practice for their RETDEM. I waited outside as she practiced with her group mates. She was having fun, laughing and giggling with everyone else.

I was outside the classroom, waiting for her. I turned around, just feeling the wind. Since I was done reading all of my lessons last night and advanced reading, I was quite free. I will do all of my assignments tomorrow.

"Matrix," she called from behind me. She sounded so hyped and cute. She was smiling as she approached me. Her smile made me smile. Again.

"Ruby? What is it?"

"My group mates want to meet you, hehe." I blinked a couple of times before scrunching my nose and pouting. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards her.

Her touch sent shivers down my spine. She was happy. Her smile went from ear to ear and I could say that it was definitely shining in my eyes. She looked wonderful. She looked dignified.

"Eh? Uh,"

Before I could utter anything else, she had already pulled me inside her classroom. There they were, everyone was smiling from ear to ear and obviously with expectations. The pressure was on me and I was the center of attraction. I felt my heart drop with how everyone was looking at me. The scary part was that everyone was taller than me, so I was, in fact, feeling overwhelmed.

"Matrix, my classmates," she said.

I awkwardly waved at her classmates and smiled. I faked my smile, grinning.

"Ooh, you're as handsome as they say you are."

Her classmates weren't a lot, really. It wasn't her whole section, I guess. I noticed the sudden change in count. There was one boy and a lot of girls.

"Tell me about it. Rawr."

"So, what are you and Solemn?"

"You're a year older, right?"

"You're not from here? I heard from Solemn."

I couldn't keep up with the questions. My eyes were going from one person to another. They were all speaking at once. I did not understand a word that they were saying or asking. Bombarding me with questions on the very first day we met. I couldn't keep up. How do they expect me to keep up?

"I- uh, uhm." I stuttered.

"Guys, chill. She'll be with us throughout the whole day. Just ask away, but one by one." Ruby giggled, almost as if teasing me with her angelic laugh.

I cleared my throat, thankful that she butt in. Otherwise, I wouldn't know how to respond.

"I'm chill though."

"Same here."

"So what are you and Solemn?" a girl with glasses asked. She was actually a few centimeters shorter than me. Everyone turned quiet.

"I'm her-"

"Didn't I already tell you? Come on,"

"Tsk, tsk, Solemn. What if she's that to you but you're different to her?" I was confused. What were they talking about? The smiles on her classmates' faces changed into something else. They were insinuating something that I didn't quite catch.