Chapter 56

Matrix's P.O.V

Anne and I continued to talk, but we stopped talking about Ruby crying. It was a topic that even I wasn't prepared to have. I stopped thinking about Ruby for a moment while her sister talks to me. I didn't want t think about how to assess this when I'm doing something else. I want to think seriously about what I should do about this situation. Not that Ruby and I were a thing.

We didn't notice that we had arrived when the cars were parking one by one.

"Elite, we're here, wake up." Anne was waking up Elite while I was waking up Ruby. I couldn't pinch her nipples like earlier, but it was a good thing that Ruby knew that we were not in the house. She wouldn't want to wake up otherwise.

"Mhmm, we're here already?" she asked, still groggy. Scratching her eyes and stretching, letting me see her stomach, making me look away with a heated face.

It's just her stomach, so why am I flustered? I shook my head at myself. Unbelievable.

"Yes," I answered and got out of the car and opened their car doors. Of course, I opened Ruby's first then her little sisters.

She regrouped with her family while I unloaded both Ruby and I's luggage from the trunk. Her sisters' luggage are with their attendees. I followed behind them slowly as I try to take in the beauty of the villa.

It was such a big villa, like a mansion too. I could see that there are facilities inside that could have been built outside, like a pool. They have a fucking indoor pool. I could see through the glass window. The indoor pool was at the second floor.

I'm beginning to feel a lot smaller and small as I continue to work for the Lim's. I gritted my teeth and followed Ruby. We were assigned our own room, and it was going to be hard for me because we were going to be sleeping in one room. I was saved by her sisters earlier, so I don't know if I'm going to survive this.

One night and two days with Ruby in one room. I let out a sigh as I unpacked our things. I laid out our books on the desk and hanged our jackets. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, doing something on her phone. Probably texting her classmates. After I was done unpacking, I was free until dinner.

That was Ruby's idea. She told her daddy that we were going to be studying until dinner, so we were okay with not talking with her family. Her cousins that she was close with were swimming at the pool, so we wouldn't really get much from someone else. Talk, that is.

"I'm already tired and it's lunch." she murmured. I didn't reply. Not when I know she was just talking to herself.

That was something I noticed about Ruby. She talks to herself a lot of times, sometimes even complaining under her breath. It's cute, but when she starts cussing, I just shut down. I feel like she was angry at me, and not at what was making her angry.

"Do you want to have lunch now?" she asked, turning her phone off and looking at me.

My bed as beside Ruby's, but it wasn't enough so we could hold hands while laying down. The room was spacious and the furniture was just enough to make the room feel cozy despite its size. I sat on my bed and grabbed a novel from my bag.

"I'm fine with anything." I answered, not looking at her. If I do, I'm afraid she might do something.

I was on high alert, and I could feel that she was already plotting her next move. I could see from my peripheral vision that she was grinning.

"You look so handsome." I panicked.

I wasn't used to receiving compliments. I am used to giving those, but not being on the other side of the line. Plus, it was Ruby was that complimenting me, so the effects were ten times impactful. I cleared my throat, not giving her compliment attention.

"You're ignoring me now?"

"I apologize, but I do not see any correlation behind what we just talked about and what you just said." she giggled.

She let her upper body fall on to the bed with a soft thud. She was looking at the ceiling while I look at her. She was in deep thought, obviously contemplating about something. Her eyes remained still at one location.

"Matrix,"

"Hmm?"

"Do you- do you like Megan?" her voice cracked when she said 'like'.

Was it really bothering her that much? Why would that bother her? Why was she crying? Why was she calling out my name? Why did she look so hurt when I told her about Megan and I talking? I pursed my lips, stopping myself from asking these questions that I know I'll never want to know the answer.

"No." I spat coldly.

If I remember correctly, after that incident when Ruby found me in the car, shaking, I stopped being chummy with Megan. I stopped behind her so-called friend. So, why would she ask me that when she knew exactly that Megan slapped me? I wanted to ask, but I feel like she would just shut me off.

"I see."

"Why?"

But there was no point in assuming. I asked.

"Well," I gasped in surprise when she started. I was pretty sure that she wasn't going to answer me.

"I saw her playing with your hair when you were sleeping."

My eyebrows knitted together as I try to process what she had just said. I tried to recall ever letting her do that. Ruby sat up and looked at me all conflicted. When she realized that Megan did that without my permission, she moved towards my direction and was about to approach me when I shook my head.

"I'm sorry." she said.

"Thank you for telling me."

I needed to shave my head.

"Matrix?" she asked.

"I'll shave my head when we get back, so before I do that, please don't touch me."

I'm disgusted. I felt filthy, and my scalp was tingling with anticipation of pain. I loathe being touched. Who did she think she was? Touching my hair like that? With her filthy fucking hands? I hated myself at the moment, and if Ruby were to touch me, I'd shut down and would want to throw myself in the trash.

"Y-you'd shave your head?"

I just stared at her.

"Did I stutter?" she looked away.

"No."