Chapter 18

--Chapter 18--

*Harry's POV*

"Who the hell is Adrian" she repeated.

My eyes instantly widen as my throat remained dry. I began senselessly looking around, trying to come up with an excuse to tell Alex. But my mind was empty with lies. I can feel my heart racing as she repeated the question several times. My palms formed sweat.

I ran up to her and placed my hands on her shoulders, attempting to calm her down. I looked her precisely in her eyes and wiped away the tears that hadn't yet fallen.

"She's just an ex-girlfriend of mine, that's it, nothing else" I nervously stuttered in between every word.

Her heavy breathing stopped as my words sunk in. She nodded in response, assuring me that she understood. I set both my hands on the side of her face, and planted a soft kiss to her cheek. My heavy arms wrapped around her small body. I was amazed my entire limbs bundled completely around her. As my chin rested on her shoulder, her face was sunk into my chest. Throughout the whole hug I couldn't stop thinking of what she had asked me. How can she possibly find out about Adrian, it's been so long and plus it had nothing to do with the school we attended.

"I'm sorry I overrated" She said weakly smiling.

"No no it's fine I understand"

"I'm just a little jealous I guess" she lightly chuckled.

I gave her a reassuring smile and hugged her tighter.

"Your the only one, understand?" I said, almost compelling her with my glare.

We both pulled away and fragilely smiled. Again I set both my hands on the side of her face and kissed her forehead, trying to comfort her.

"Who- who told you this" my eyebrows frowned.

Her face pulled away from my hands as she worriedly began looking around the empty room, her breathing tensed up a little.

"Katherine" she spoke.

Of course it was her. No one else knew about Adrian but Katherine. Me, Katherine and Adrian all went to the same school before we moved to the school we go to now. I was still in shock that she would even bring up her name, specially to Alex. It was so long ago I was really hoping she could forget about all of this.

"Don't listen to her, she's just trying to get in your head"

"Yeah, okay" she mumbled.

"Come on let's go, I'm taking you home" I said placing my arm around her shoulder.

*****

Me and Alex finally arrived to her apartment. On the way, so many things circulated through my mind. I'm sure she thought I didn't notice the hickey on her neck, but I did. I decided not to make a big deal about it, I knew it was Jeramy. This is the second time he's done it, with Adrian he did exactly the same.

"Come inside"

"I can't, I have to get going" I replied.

Her smile curved to a straight face when I refused to come inside.

"I have practice today"

"Your still going?!" Her eyes enlarged.

"Yes, I have practice Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays"

"You can't go Friday" she exclaimed.

"Why?"

"I'll tell your later" she said walking through her door.