Crush

"Winter!" A Hand clapped in front of the short hair girl and she instantly snapped out of her zoning out zone. Winter looked up to see her friend, Giselle. Giselle was someone Winter could always rely on, she knew that she could trust her no matter what.

"Girl you're a mess.." The older said, looking down at Winter's puffy red eyes, it was clear that she had cried a lot last night. Winter then put her head down on the coffee table and groaned, "it hurts my heart, i only have one week to spend with her but she just has been spending her days with Jeno lately." Winter blurted out, immediately regretting for sharing so much.

The older sighed and placed a calm hand on winter's, "don't worry, win. Things will turn out fine, i am certain." The younger responded with a groan as she lifted her head up.

"I'm jealous though, you get to see Ningning in person.." Giselle pouted slightly while the younger giggled softly, "as if you have a chance."

Giselle replied with a small gasp, "for your information, she likes me very much! She said it when we were on the phone yesterday." Giselle said, trying to convince Winter that Ningning had just the same feelings as her.

Winter just rolled her eyes playfully.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late" A voice said in front of them as they sat across from them. The two both looked up to see Karina smiling but they still had blank expressions.

"Oh right! Jeno wanted to tag along too, is it okay?" Karina said while Jeno stepped out from behind her. The two young ones exchanged looks with each other. Winter was obviously not happy but she tried to hide it. They both smiled softly.

"Of course it's alright." Winter said between her teeth as she looked at the boy with a fierce expression.

Karina smiled as her and Jeno sat down next to each other. Winter raised an eyebrow while slightly clenching her jaw. She was jealous but she wasn't going to let it show.

-

"Has Karina ever kissed anyone?" Jeno whispered next to Winter. The girl looked at him with disgust but hid it well. "No, she's never kissed anyone." Jeno then jumped up  happily in his seat.

Giselle looked at Winter across the table, Winter looked back at her and her face said 'get him away from me before i kill him.'

Giselle laughed but quickly covered it with a hand. Winter getting jealous was always a funny thing to see for her.

Jeno then scooted back to Winter so he could get more questions asked.

"Do you think I have a chance with her?" The boy asked, making Winter clench her teeth even harder.

Winter looked him up and down before replying, "No way." The younger said boldly, as the blue haired boy tilted his body back.

"What? Why not?" Jeno asked, clearly not happy with her answer.

Winter exchanged a look with Giselle who was lowkey invested in the conversation.

"You're not her type." Winter answered as she turned her head back to the boy who she disliked very much for now.

"Then what's her type? I'll be her type." Just with that sentence, Giselle put her head down to cover her laughs that she could not hold back anymore. But Winter wasn't happy, she was more of annoyed.

Karina then appeared and sat down next to the boy with four coffees on a tray and placed it in front of them all.

"Sorry if I took too long." Karina said before looking at Giselle, hearing her unstoppable laughter. The older looked at her in confusion.

"What happened?" Karina asked curiously, looking at Winter for the first time in forever today. Winter's heart slightly lit up with joy when her eyes met Karina's.

"Nothing." Winter replied as she glared at the boy who was admiring Karina.

She really wanted to remove him from Karina's life but she knew that it was not possible for her to do.

Winter was glad that Karina chose her to walk her back home. That guy almost was chosen which was unfair cause he walked with her to the coffee shop.

Karina wrapped an arm around Winter's as they walked to the olders house. They'd always do this when they were walking, at first Winter was too shy to but she has gotten more comfortable with it.

"Oh!" Karina stopped in her tracks, looking at a shop and her eye's focusing on something that caught her attention. Winter then turned to the older girl, looking at the stars in her eyes. She then turned to the shop to see where Karina's eyes had landed.

it took her a minute to find what Karina was looking at but she figured that it was the Crayon Shinchan set that had four versions of the character in a box.

Winter smiled lightly as her eyes went back to Karina, "do you want that?" she asked the older. Karina instantly snapped her attention back to Winter and nodded slowly.

"yes, but i don't have any money left." The older pouted as she looked down at her shoes. "let's just go." Karina continued, trying to continue their walk.

Winter pulled her back to the front of the shop softly and shook her head, "i have money." She didn't even let the older speak, pulling the older gently into the shop, instantly grabbing the box of the characters.

"Winter you don't have to—"

"I want to." Winter said, placing the toy onto the counter in front of the cashier.

"Just this please." Winter said, earning a nod from the cashier as they scanned the item.

-

Karina swung the bag in her hands gently as they walked to her house. She was happy that she was able to get what she wanted after days of trying to find it.

"Karina." Karina then turned to look slightly down at Winter. Winter looked up at the girl as they walked.

Winter took Karina's hand as she stopped, Karina doing the same.

Karina's palm opened slowly, revealing the lines that traced on it.

The short one then placed two pink paper hearts into Karina's palm gently, they slightly were crumbled but still looked neat.

"when did you make these?" The older asked with a small smile, gently putting the two paper hearts into her back pocket.

Winter shook her head, "i don't remember." she replied, her feet walking once again causing the older to slightly run to catch up from behind.

"Do you like anyone?" Winter asked as they walked, almost reaching to Karina's house. The older was silent for a moment, that made Winter get somewhat anxious.

"I don't know.." She replied softly. "I'm not sure with my feelings." she continued, looking at the tip of her shoes where as they walked at the same pace as Winter's.

"Who is it?" The younger asked, looking up at the older's expression. She hoped that she could have had a chance with Karina before she goes. She wanted to feel some sort of happiness before she left Karina.

Karina then sighed, stopping in front of her house as the younger did the same.

"I like two people.." Winter raised an eyebrow from Karina's words.

"then just tell me one." the younger said, earning a slow nod from Karina.

Karina gulped nervously on the lump in her throat before saying something, "it's Jeno." She says, making Winter's eyes widen.
"What?" The younger said, doubting her ears.

"i think i like Jeno.." Karina repeated, leaving Winter completely stunned. Winter instantly snapped back into reality a small oh coming out from her mouth.

——————

AUHTHORS NOTE: Thank you for reading this story! Please look forward to the next chapter 💗

(Listening to paper hearts by Tori Kelly as i write this..)