Back at the Start

"Where are you going?" Karina asked, holding onto Minjeong's wrist gently to stop her at the front door.

"I can't be seen here. Won't Jeno come home anytime soon?" Minjeong asked. That sentence alone just made Karina's heart ache, knowing that the only one she wanted was Winter.

"Winter—"

"I should go." Minjeong cut her off, softly pulling away from Karina's grasp.

Karina swallowed dryly, watching the brunette walk towards the door. She didn't want it to end here, she still had so much to say to the younger one.

"Where will you go..?" Karina asked, making Minjeong freeze with her hand on the door. Karina was right, Minjeong had no idea where she'd go. Her parents lived in Busan now and they didn't want her to live with them when she turned 18. Not because they couldn't take care of her but because they wanted her to become independent supposedly.

There was silence, Minjeong's back facing Karina as the air became quieter.
"You can stay here if you'd like. I have a spare bedroom." Karina says a bit awkwardly, rubbing her neck softly out of shyness. "I don't live with Jeno. We broke up a long time ago."

Minjeong's shoulders went up in surprise slightly. She turned her head to Karina's direction until she turned her full body to the latter. "Are you sure I can stay here?" Minjeong asked, feeling a bit uneasy to stay.

Karina's expression showed no hesitation, she nodded with a soft smile.
"Of course, you can stay as long as you want." Karina replied almost in a soft whisper but Minjeong had heard Rina's words clearly. The shorter girl tried to hide her foolish smile with a lip bite as she lowered her head down.

//

"So she basically moved in with you?" Giselle asked over the line. That simple sentence had Karina's heart skip a beat, sleeping in the same house as the one she truly loved just made her so happy.

"No.. not technically." Karina sighed before continuing, "she said she'll return back to her own place once the police clear out from her house." Karina mumbled in disappointment. She'd most likely only have 2 days with Winter in her home, it was a very little of time.

The older one heard a "tsk" over the phone before she heard a gasp, "we should have a double date! I'll bring my love ning and  you can bring your girlfriend Minjeong" Giselle says.

Karina thought about it for a moment, pressing her lips together as she tried to think.

Knock-knock

There was a knock on her bedroom door, getting startled by it slightly. "I'll tell you my decision later, I gotta go." Karina says in a soft whisper before hanging up the line.

"Come in," Karina says in a slightly loud tone. Soon the door creaked open before a short brunette puppy eyed girl opens the door fully.

Karina swallowed dryly, looking at the small figure that looked 10x as small in Karina's clothes. "Are you comfortable in my clothes? I don't have any smaller ones I'm sorry." Karina says, scratching her neck softly.

"No this is fine, thank you once again for letting me borrow your clothes." Minjeong thanked her.

The smaller girl's eyes wandered around the  room, pausing at the paper heart that was colored in blue.

"Paper heart?" Minjeong says in a low whisper in the quiet room.

"Winter.. I have a question." Karina suddenly says, the smaller one turning the the one who sat on the bed.

"Yes?"

There was a small silence before Karina let out a small breath.

"Could you give me a chance?"