caffeine energy..

Sunny rushes home after school. He seemed so excited to talk to Kel today. After all, he was his new friend! But...

He glances at the table, with all of the paper on it.

"...I'll do it tonight. One little break wouldn't hurt.. would it..?"

He smiles as he suddenly runs out the door to the coffee shop.

He opened the door quickly, only to find that there was no Kel at the counter. He started to mumble to himself..

"What..? But... he said he'd... oh.. I should've known.."

Before walking out, someone called his name.

"Sunny?!"

It was indeed Kel himself.

Sunny quickly turned around to see Kel at the counter, starting to wave.

"Welcome back!"

Sunny quietly walked up to the counter.

"I didn't know you'd come back so soon!"
"Oh, yeah.. I come here often."
"Awesome! For a second, I thought I wasn't going to see you a lot.. haha.."
"I thought the exact same thing!"

The two looked at each other, laughing.

"So, are you going to order something?"

He nods.

"Another espresso, please."
"Got it! Let me guess, you order this every time?"
"An occasional blueberry muffin, but I'll pass."
"Okay!" He giggled to himself, making Sunny's drink.
"Oh... I was also wondering.. if you wanted to hang out after my shift? I, uh, wanted to know you better, so yeah!"

Sunny's face started to light up. Only their second day, and Kel was already asking to hang out?! There was no way he could pass the offer.

"Wow-- of course! That would be amazing!" He beamed excitedly.

"I.. I mean, I'd love that."

Kel laughed again. Sunny loved hearing his laugh..

"You really know how to make someone laugh, Sunny! Also, your espresso is ready!"

"Thanks! Would you want to come over?" He continued excitedly, taking the drink.

No one else was at home with Sunny today, so it was absolutely perfect! Today would be great.

"Sure! Just give me the address and I'll be there, after work, of course."
"Actually, I'm the house right next to the library.. it has a ton of white tulips at the front. And, when does your shift end again?"
"5:45!"
"Sounds great. I'll see you then?"
"See you then."

There were about two or three more people behind Sunny, so he nervously laughed and walked out.

"Wow... Kel's coming over.. Kel's coming over.. this is great.. he's really gonna come over!" Sunny pondered aloud, walking home.

When he arrives, he takes a minute to look at the picture hanging on his wall.

"Hey Mari... I'm home." He whispered. Mari was his sister who passed away a while ago.. for reasons Sunny never wanted to think about. She's the reason he does all this work.

Speaking of work... He really should study while waiting... He has two hours left anyway.

Sunny sighs and heads upstairs. All he could possibly think about was hanging out... but if he wants to help out his mom and Mari, he has to finish his studies.

He was able to get some work done, and soon, hours seemed like minutes. It was finally 5:40, Kel could be heading over anytime now! He could possibly even be at the door! Sunny kept on waiting and waiting, and after a bit, looked at the clock.