𝟎𝟏𝟐 the last moments

Chapter twelve,

Chapter twelve,

the last moments

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

    "I love you too, mami." Citlali had sweetly spoken into the phone with the smile not leaving her face, and adjusting her phone back into her pocket as she made her way back towards her boyfriend, the cane was slightly just moving around to find the way towards the kitchen, but she paused her movements when she had heard something that had just made her swallow down her saliva.

   The way Tara Carpenter was to be heard speaking to her boyfriend, "I think you should get out of the city tonight safely. . ." Citlali had bit her bottom lip anxiously because the way the girl was sounding it didn't even sound like a worried friend, but something more, her ears perked up as the girl continued, "Considering what happened to you last year, I just don't want you getting hurt." Citlali attempted to not think much of it.

Anxiety suddenly began to build up in her body, and her insecurities. Tara sounded like she wasn't just worried for him, but a tinge of flirtation was also detected in the girls voice, she felt her eyes getting glossy, a part of her just felt pathetic for wanting to cry.

It stung hearing a girl flirting with Chad.

   Though a small smile lingered on her lips when she heard her boyfriend speak, "I'm not leaving this city with a masked killer who's been threatening Citlali, I have to protect my girlfriend." He remarked before he continued even more, "She means the absolute world to me, and thinking of her getting hurt with me gone genuinely kills me, so I'm not leaving my girl behind." He stood his ground, he wasn't even aware that Tara was even so interested him.

   His attention is always focused on his girlfriend, Citlali that he's never aware of the flirty eyes or tone that Tara uses on him.

Tara sounded bitter, "Right. . . Citlali."

Chad noticed the bitter tone on his friend, raising his eyebrow, "Is there something wrong with her? Why do you sound pissed, she's done nothing to you, you barely met her." His tone was getting rough.

Tara had suddenly stumbled with her own words, "I — No, it's just that you've been ditching us for so long now, and it's always about her now. . . it used to just be us." Her voice gone shy.

Mindy had noticed that Citlali was eavesdropping on the conversation, so she intervened whatever tara was attempting to do, "He has a girlfriend, you know? Even before we knew that she's very much real, and he fucking loves her, and she brings the best in him. Quit it, Tara we're not in high school anymore." Mindy had remarked to her friend, all while shaking her head.