Chapter 8

Ahkmenrah's POV

After hearing those words fall from Henry's mouth, my heart dropped and stopped it's beating once more for a few seconds. Everything around me was a blur and I couldn't help but feel faint just from those words. I didn't even register my body moving on its own towards Ace's exhibit.

I ran through the doors to find all of Ace's crew sat looking upset in front of Ace who looked so peaceful just laid there in front of them. I rushed over to him through the gap his crew had left between them all which made them split in half. Once I reached him, my body finally gave into the weakness it felt and collapsed onto my knees next to him.

I gently put my hands on either side of his face and turned his face towards me, I closed my eyes and rested my head against his. I moved back slightly to look at him properly and saw tear streeks on his cheeks which made me confused until I realised they weren't from him, they were from me. I hadn't even realised I had started crying.

This made more tears flow heavily from my eyes when I focused back on Ace, I moved from kneeling over him to sitting next to him and bringing him close to me gently so he was facing me still but his head rested against my chest. I let my head rest against the top of his and I played with his fluffy brown hair. As I sat here holding him closely, I couldnt help but think back to when we first met.

~Start of flashback~

As the Prince of Egypt I couldnt go anywhere without guards following me and watching my every move. But today, I decided I wanted to see the Ocean. Having only ever traveled on it once when I was but a little boy, I was absolutely fascinated with it. I loved reading about what was in the ocean and more importanly who sailed on it, Pirates where my favourite to read about. The one I liked most was the one about the youngest pirate captain out there, it was a story that had been written when I was about 10, now I'm 16 and more and more stories about the famous Ace Ryker have been written and I may or may not have developed a slight liking of him and not the sort of liking a male prince like myself should have of another male.

I snapped out of my day dreaming and realised that I had somehow lost the four guards that were supposed to be looking after me. So much for being protected. Upon realising I was alone, I began to panic slightly due to never being here without guards. I'm not blind to what some people do in our kingdom and it disgusts me that they can get away with it.

I was knocked out of my daydreams again when I was harshly pushed into an allyway by someone. I turned around still on the floor to see a much older man glaring down at me with nothing but pure hatred in his eyes, I was confused until I saw the dagger in his right hand. Fear shot through my entire body and I regretted even coming out today.

I tried to get up so I could run but the man was much quicker than I was and much stonger. I tried my hardest to push him off as I saw him lift the blade above his head with a crazed angry look in his eyes.

"Maybe this will teach the Royal Family to treat us commoners better!" He whispered through gritted teeth at me, tears pricked the corners of my eyes as I closed them knowing I couldn't escape this and had to accept my fate. I always thought that if I was to die young that my last thoughts would be about my family, I knew my Mother and Father would be devasted and although my Brother would have been happy as I wouldn't be in his way to the throne now, it wasn't them I thought about right now.

To my surprise it was Ace Ryker, the youngest pirate captain in the world. I wish I was as brave and strong as he is, I wish I could be writen about for things I've done myself not just because I was some boring royal prince that died at the hands of his people. More importantly I wish I could have met him before I died. Although accepting my fate, my body refused to give up fighting the man off which ended up with him cutting a long gash right up my left arm which made me hiss in pain.