The Great Howard Stark

Peggy's POV
I go to my office and called Howard. I don't know what he can do to help, but he seems to be able to have a solution for anything.

"Stark Industries, this is Howard speaking, how may I help you," he finally picked up.

"Howard, I need you to come down to the base," I said.

"What why, is it on fire," he asks panicking.

"Howard, do you really think that if the base was on fire I would be talking to you right now," I asked at his panicked thoughts.

"Well.. no,"

"I need you to come look at something,"

"okay I'll be there in a few minutes,"

Howard's POV

"Dude come on, we have a visit to make," I told him.

"Finally," he said with excitement in his voice.

Little did Peggy know what was coming for her.

Peggy's POV
Howard finally got here 30 minutes later. He's always late. I lead him to the back to see the girls. I explained what they can do.

"Let me guess, the Medusa Serum," he states like a know-it-all.

"How'd you know," I asked at his quick observation.

"Because I have seen it before, Peg, why don't you go back to your office and I'll be there in a bit," I nod my head and leave.

I get to my office and file some papers. "Hey," someone said.

"Howard, please don't try to scare me when I'm working," I said not looking up from my work.

"Well, I'm not Howard, and I was gonna ask if you want to dance," I stopped what I was doing and froze. Could it really be Steve? I look up and it is, it's Steve. I run into his open arms, "How did- I thought-" I tried to find the right words to say.
"How about tonight we go to the Stork Club and I'll tell you how I got here in exchange for a dance," he suggested.

"Eight o'clock, don't you dare be late," I laughed. He nods and says he has to run an errand. I can't believe the one person I really love came back to me.

Steve's POV

I go to the closest jeweler and bought an engagement ring. If tonight went well, I am gonna ask her to marry me. I can't wait.

♡♡♡
388