ch 6: attention to detail

He was silent after my trauma dump, no freezing or hesitation as he finished up wrapping my my hand in gauze very carefully. It was almost as if he was scared that even breathing on me would break me down.

I smiled at his care and he huffed out a breath as he looked up at me. "Thank you Doctor."

"Anything for my favourite patient." He exhaled heavily and I smiled briefly at him calling me a 'patient' but then lost that glimmer in my eyes when I realized he looked upset.

"I'm sorry if I upset you with my story-"

"You do not have to apologize, I just wish I met you sooner so I could've helped with some of... well... I don't know but I just wish I could've helped you somehow earlier."

"You are helping me now just by listening to me." I sighed and cupped his jaw with my unharmed hand. "You can't do anything to change my past, so just be in my future and that will be enough."

He sighed and helped me off the counter, I still held his jaw and I kissed his lips. They were always so soft, so pink, so tasty, so perfect; I could kiss him for hours, death by suffocation because I didn't breath while kissing him would be worth it. I pulled away and he held my burned hand gently.

"I can go see if we have ice in the bar, would that help?" He offered.

I shook my head. "You should know by now I can survive a second degree burn, if a kid can than  so can I."

He chuckled at my joke and let his other hand lay over the one I held on his jaw. I watched intently as he pulled my unharmed hand to his mouth to pressed a kiss to the palm of it and twice down my wrist. "Sleep here tonight so Niragi doesn't bother you too much. He seems to have taken a liking to you."

"Are you surprised someone, besides you, likes me? I'm hurt, love."

"He's taken too much of a liking towards you for me to be comfortable, he's bad news and you know that. So be careful around him, not just while you come back here but always. I don't want his hands on you ever again."

"I love you Shiya, no man will change how I feel for you, especially not Niragi. You are ten times the man he is even though he carries a gun and threatens people physically more than you do." I smiled and he kissed my forehead.

"Love you too, baby. Now hurry up, I'm getting impatient with all this talking."

"Have something else in mind?"

"Always."

-

I went back to me and my friends room and opened the door to them playing cards against humanity.

"Y/N! Come join us, we just started." Yuta cheered.

"Thank you Yuta but I just wanted to grab some stuff and head back to Chishiya's room." I blush, realizing only Aria and Yuta know I'm in a relationship with him.

"A sleepover?" Yuki smirked.

"He's her boyfriend in the real world." Yuta informed and everyone but Aria started talking about how they could see us together. I just grabbed toiletries and another bikini to change into tomorrow morning if this one got damaged. Something about nights with Chishiya always had me smiling stupidly and a pretty shade of pink in the face.

I went back to his room and didn't have any bad interaction, or any interaction with anyone for that matter. He opened the door as my hand was raised and ready to knock. "You were quicker than I thought you'd be."

"You know it's weird when you do that." I smiled as I walked in and he let out a breathless chuckle. "It might freak others out if you do that."

"It doesn't freak you out."

"It used to, but I've been dating you for three years now."

"Y'know." He trailed. "It's almost been four."

I looked at him in shock, I had totally let it slip my mind that our fourth anniversary was coming up. It was almost exactly six weeks when everyone disappeared and it's been five weeks weeks since I've been transported here. So our anniversary was in seven days. "Oh my god, Shiya I'm so sorry it totally slipped my mind."

"Don't worry, love, I just realized this morning when someone asked for the date." I laughed and he sat down on his bed, his back against the headboard and his pillow cushioning his lower back. He leaned his head back and it hit the wall with a near silent thump. "Come, lay down."

He didn't have to tell me twice, or really even finish the first one, by the time he finished the third word I was sitting on the bed beside him with my head laying on his shoulder. He moved his arms to wrap around my and pulled me close so I was cuddled tightly into his side with my legs now over his lap.

We sat in silence and eventually I looked up at him, he had his eyes closed and was breathing so rhythmically that I fell into the same pattern. I brushed my fingertips of my burnt hand on his cheekbone and he opened one eye to look at my hand then me.

"You weren't asleep, were you?" I worried that I woke him up.

"No, I wasn't. I was just enjoying your attention." He exhaled and I smiled brightly at him. "I think it's almost odd we've been together as long as we have, we're so different... the main thing we have in common is our medical degrees."

"I know, I think it's unusual almost since my ways of showing love are physical touch and quality time, you do like quality time but before you met me you weren't a PDA person." I agreed.

"I still am not." He scoffed and closed his eye again to shield him from my loving stare.

"You're not totally a PDA person, I've just showed you that PDA is actually enjoyable."

"You taught me a lot about love." He said and I looked at him with confusion. I knew he wasn't a person who knew a lot about love through seeing and feeling, but I didn't think he was someone who thought love was impossible for 'people like him'.

I moved his head with my hand and ignored the pain as I pressed my lips to his. He smiled slightly as I pulled away. "You taught me too, I need you to know that. We both learned from each other, that's what makes us a good pairing."

He looked down at my lips before moving my hand off his cheek and kissing the palm through the gauze. I blushed at his tender gaze and looked at our hands. "Don't use this hand."

"Pardon?"

"Don't use this hand tonight."