Chapter Thirteen

Landing on the deck, Stiles puts Natasha back on her feet as the other members of the team land "What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kind of nice

Landing on the deck, Stiles puts Natasha back on her feet as the other members of the team land "What about the nurse that lives across the hall from you? She seems kind of nice." Natasha asks Steve. "Secure the engine room, then find me a date." Steve tells her. "We're multitasking." Stiles tells him, jumping down onto the lower deck with Natasha. "You know, all these french pirates have made me think. We should take the Pups to France next time we have time off." Stiles tells Natasha quietly as they make their way to the engine room. "Where about?" Natasha asks. "Paris? Lydia will probably want to shop." Stiles suggests. "Probably?" Natasha asks him. "Okay, definitely." Stiles tells her with a smile. "That sounds more like her." Natasha nods as they walk into the engine room. One of the pirates put down a phone and turns to see Natasha stood behind him "Hey, sailor." she smiles, distracting him as Stiles goes up behind him and knocks him out. The two of them swing down below deck, Natasha shooting several pirates as they do. Stiles smirks as he uses his spark to make some of them fly back into the wall, making them get knocked out instantaneously. "Stiles, Natasha, what's your status? Status, Stiles, Natasha?" Steve asks as Stiles and Natasha start taking out a few more pirates. "Hang on!" Natasha responds. The two of them fight back to back, taking out the remaining pirates "Engine room secure." Stiles tells Steve as Natasha knocks the final pirate out with a pipe.

Stiles knocks a couple of pirates out as Natasha starts downloading the files Nick asked for "You know, I'm stating to think that these guys just like being beaten up." Stiles tells her. "You'd know all about that." Natasha teases. "Ha ha." Stiles responds sarcastically, walking over and leaning against the desk as the files download. Just then Steve crashes through the door with Batroc and knock him out "Well, this is awkward." Stiles remarks. "What are you two doing?" Steve asks. "Backing up the hard drive. It's a good habit to get into." Natasha responds. "Rumlow needed your help. What the hell are you doing here?" Steve glares, walking over to see what the two of them are doing "You're saving S.H.I.E.L.D Intel." he realises. "Whatever I can get my hands on." Natasha responds. "Our mission is to rescue hostages." Steve tells them. "No. That's your mission." Stiles tells him as Natasha hands him the hard drive, making him put it in his pocket. "And you've done it beautifully." Natasha adds, going to lead Stiles out the room. "You two just jeopardized this whole operation." Steve tells them, grabbing Natasha's arm. Stiles feels a growl rising, Natasha noticing and holding Stiles' hand "I think that's overstating things." she tells Steve.

Just then Batroc gets up and throws a grenade at them as he runs, Stiles grabbing Natasha as Steve deflects the bomb with his shield. The three of them jump through the window, the grenade exploding behind them "Okay. That one's on us." Natasha admits. "You're damn right." Steve tells them, walking off. Stiles winces slightly as he gets up "You alright Foksi?" Natasha asks. "Yeah, i just caught my shoulder slightly." Stiles reassures her. Natasha nods, the two of them walking out the room "Nick better explain to Steve why he didn't tell him about our mission, Steve didn't look happy." Stiles tells her. "You know what Nick is like. His secrets have secrets." Natasha responds. "Ain't that the truth." Stiles sighs, Natasha squeezing his hand slightly. "Did you ask him about looking into what happened?" she asks. "Yeah, he said he will if he 'has time'." Stiles tells her. Natasha shakes her head slightly "If he doesn't find anything in the next month, we'll do it our way." she promises, Stiles smiling slightly.

Stiles smiles as he looks at the video of the Pups and Paddy playing in the garden that Clint has sent "What you smiling at?" Natasha asks, walking out the bathroom and plugging the hairdryer in

Stiles smiles as he looks at the video of the Pups and Paddy playing in the garden that Clint has sent "What you smiling at?" Natasha asks, walking out the bathroom and plugging the hairdryer in. "Clint's sent a video of the Pups playing with Paddy in the garden." Stiles responds, showing her the video as she starts drying her hair. Natasha smiles "I think they love that dog more than anything." she tells him. "Most definitely." Stiles nods, sending a message back to Clint. Natasha finishes drying her hair before standing "You telling me where we're actually going for our date?" she asks. "Nope, it's a surprise." Stiles tells her, kissing her forehead before grabbing his keys. As he does his phone starts ringing "Maria?" he asks in confusion. "You and Natasha need to get to the hospital. It's Nick." Maria tells him. "We're on our way." Stiles responds, hanging up. Having heard the phone call Natasha holds his hand "Hey, give me the keys. I'll drive." she tells him. Nodding, Stiles gives her the keys and lets her lead him out of their flat.

The couple run into the side room where Steve is watching the doctors operate on Nick "Is he gonna make it?" Natasha asks as Stiles pales at the sight of Nick. "I don't know." Steve responds, not looking at them. "Tell me about the shooter." Natasha says. "He's fast and strong. Had a metal arm." Steve tells her. Maria walks in and joins them at the window "Ballistics?" Natasha asks. "Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." Maria responds. "Soviet-made." Natasha realises. "Yeah." Maria confirms. They all watch in shock as Nick's state deteriorates "He's in V-tach." a male nurse pipes up. "Crash cart coming in." a female nurse tells them. "Nurse, help me with the drape." a doctor orders. "BP is dropping." the male nurse warns. "Defibrillator! I want you to charge him at one hundred." the doctor tells them. "Don't do this to us, Nick." Natasha says, holding Stiles hand. "Stand back! Three, two, one. Clear! Pulse?" the doctor asks. "No pulse." the male nurse tells him. "Okay. 200, please. Stand back! Three, two, one. Clear! Give me epinephrine! Pulse?" the doctor asks again. "Negative." the male nurse responds. "Don't do this to us, Nick. Don't do this to us." Natasha mumbles, Stiles frozen as he watches. "What's the time?" the doctor asks. "1:03, Doctor." the female nurse responds. "Time of death, 1:03 a.m." the Doctor announces. Stiles falls to his knees, a broken sob leaving him as Natasha wraps her arms round him "I got you Foksi." she tells him, letting him cry into her chest.