t w e n t y - n i n e

🏝️

🏝️

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

WITH BOTH lives strived being apart, different paths has been made but they will still meet in the end of their paths---to continue their journey.

During Denryl's unusual pregnancy, ka-agapay niya si Preston. During his cravings, si Preston ang gumagawa ng lahat upang mapunan ang mga gusto ng buntis na si Denryl. During Denryl's labor, Preston was by his side giving his support during his giving of birth to a miracle. During the baby's cries, Preston was there to hear and tame it. During the child's first steps and word, Preston was there to witness it. Preston was there to be called 'Dada' by the child. He was there to give the full support and attention to a child that wasn't his own blood and flesh.

May batang-grasa ring inampon si Denryl. Mas matanda pa ito sa biological niyang anak ng ilang taon, so he treats the kid as his eldest child. Naging nakatatandang anak ang ampon na bata na minsan mas clingy pa kay Denryl kaysa sa bunsong anak.

He is a father of two children now.

Everytime his son asks about his other parent, Denryl would carefully explain to his child about their situation. He said, his daddy Laurentius loves them so much that he had to let them go for their own safety. That giving up on them made them sleep tight at night, away from the dangers of his father and hurtful environment. Hindi gaanong ma-proseso ng anak ang mga binanggit niya dahil sa edad nito, but he always reminds them that their father Laurentius loves and cares about them kahit wala ito sa tabi nila.

"Dada Preston is enough." Denryl remembered what his son said that day. Parang kumirot ang dibdib niya sa narinig, but still puts on a smile on his face para sa anak.

Years and years, nagkaka-edad ang mga anak niya. His child started to resent his other father. In the age of fourteen, his child swore to never leave him and will never be like his other father. It broke Denryl's heart again. He doesn't want his child to resent Laurentius.

When his child turned fifteen, Preston had his untimely death on a plane. His airplane flight had a terrible accident, that all of the passenger's died inside it.

The family of Preston mourned for him. It left them devasted, even his two sons. Lalong naging malamig at ma-ilap sa mga tao ang anak niya dahil sa nangyari sa Dada Preston nito.

If it wasn't for Preston, baka iba ang landas niya at ng anak. Baka hindi niya nakita at mapalaki ang nakatatandang anak ngayon. Baka sa isang maliit na kubo sila nakatira. For that, he was very grateful for what the man did for them. If he was given the time and would've known he will have an untimely death, sana binigyan niya ng pag-asa sa pag-ibig ang lalaki. Masyado siyang tutok sa mga anak na wala na sa isipan niyang magkarelasyon. Sapat na sa kaniya ang pagmamahal ng mga anak. It's like, Preston was his the one that got away. [Listening to the song by Katy Perry while proofreading and adding the last sentence to this chapter. UwU.]