King Viserys

King Viserys called for his entire family to have dinner with him. A dinner in which there were no quarrels with one another, only love and support for each other. But if only he knew that they were far from that.

Viserys insisted on the Maltheons joining them, due to their betrothals with the Targaryens. Everyone sat around and spoke with one another before the King arrived.

Maegon sat beside Baela, sipping his wine. He held her hand as they spoke of what they had been up to for the past six years. Baela tells her tales of being taken under her grandmother's wing as the Dragon Prince explained all of the great things he had learned from his mother, as she guided him on how to be King.

Mikaela sat with Jacaerys, who smiled at him, adoring the Prince. Aemond sat across on the other side of the table, eyeing the two. He didn't know how he felt about the Princess just yet. They rarely ever spoke when she had spent some time at King's Landing but now the one-eyed prince found himself regretting that.

Matthew, Lucerys, Rhaena, and Maia all sat with each other, discussing random topics that came up.

"A fine match you two make," Matthew told Luke, who blushed at his words.

"You think so?" The prince asked as Matthew nodded.

"Of course! Rhaena is wonderful and you two compliment each other well," He explained, "This topic makes me wonder if I will ever get married."

Maia turns to him, "I pray for whoever has to marry you." Rhaena giggles as Matthew looks down.

"You know, I'd say what I want to say but then you'd go crying to Mother," Matthew teased as the siblings began to bicker. Luke and Rhaena share a laugh together as they watch the two siblings go at it.

"Oh yeah, say it then!" Maia challenged as an argument broke out between the both of them. Mikaela, who had overheard everything, giggled as they continued to trade insults. Jace loved hearing her laugh. He wanted to hear it forever.

Forever.

The topic of marriage that had come up earlier that day had sparked an idea in his head. He grabs Mikaela's hands, "I've been thinking..."

"About?" Mikaela asked as she pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Jace purses his lips as he works up the courage to ask the question. He looks down, thinking over his next few words carefully. Mikaela observes this and holds his hand, "Whatever it is, you can tell me."

"What if we were to marry now?" Jace asks and Mikaela's breath hitches in her throat," Would that be reckless of us to do now?"

The prince suddenly feels embarrassed when he receives no answer, "You know what, forget it...Forget I said anything."

"No!" Mikaela quickly told him, "I would love to....But are you sure you are ready for that?"

"Im ready," Jace reassured her, "Truthfully I think have always been ready."

The Princess holds his hands, and Mae looks over at them. She was reminded of when she and Rhaenyra were just teenagers too, making promises to each other.

She locks eyes with Rhaenyra, who gave her a knowing look. It seems there would be a wedding to prepare for very soon. She smiled to herself as she went back to speaking with Daemon and Richard.

The room goes silent and everyone stands watching as King Viserys is carried on a chair and settled right between Rhaenyra and Alicent. Everyone takes their seat, Viserys weakly addresses his family, "How good it is...to see you all tonight...together."