Watching

"You live in this huge building?" Ann asked Mr. Crane perplexed and tired. After walking for 15 minutes they reached the Arkham Asylum. Jonathan felt Ann's exhaustion and was confident to do the next step. "No, this is a building made for people in need like you." He replied, hiding his anticipation with all of his strength. "Come here, I'll carry you to your room." Without hesitation she let him carry her and was ready for bed. Ann hasn't slept the last few days and her fatigue let her do anything to just get a rest. She's light. Too light. I'll have to pimp her up first. She has to sleep somewhere else. If she sees the patients and this whole thing as an asylum before I can start with my experiments, my trust in her is doomed. And so would be the test results.

"Shh! Shh... It's all good." Seems like she already has the strength to get nightmares. Jonathan brought Ann to his house, preventing she realizes anything before the time comes. She was sleeping next to him in his bed, wrapped up with lots of blankets. "You're safe here." He breathed and stroked her hair. Ann closed her eyes again and fell asleep once more. Jonathan didn't. He couldn't. He couldn't sleep next to his pray, next to the human who might survive his experiment. Like an owl Jonathan watched his pray breathing in and breathing out, mumbling nonsense into the darkness and getting ready for his plans. This hag does a great job indeed.

The sun shined bright through the windows and lit up the entire bedroom and filled it with warmth. Birds hopped in the little garden and chirped peacefully. Ann woke up to this wonderful warm and calming feeling. It was so cozy, she wanted to get back to her joyful dreams. Ann opened her eyes. "You're awake!" A happy voice said next to her. She winced. Jonathan saw her paranoia creeping up to her face, washing away the happy calm Ann he watched the whole night. He felt disappointed not to see her in peace anymore. "Do you remember?" He asked her full of excitement and couldn't stop smiling. This truly was one of the best nights he ever had. "Why... are you lying in my bed?" She asked tiredly and in confusion. "I had to make sure you would survive this night. Death was closer than you could have imagined." Jonathan explained, still smiling. "Mr. Crane, we are not in the huge building, are we?" "The house is full, a room will be empty soon they said. It would be easier for you to sign contracts and get help when you're having some strength again, wouldn't it?" He explained to Ann. She was watching him with big eyes and just fully remembered what has happened the last days. Hugging a pillow, she curled up and closed her eyes again. "Sure." She mumbled. "Thank you for your help, Mr. Crane." "Of course, I am always here for you." He whispered and stood up. Ann nodded. "Stay in bed as long as you want. Here's some breakfast, don't wait too long or it will be cold." Jonathan left the bedroom and walked around happily. We will for sure have a nice time together, I can't wait!