Capítulo 2 - O Ritual.

P. D. V. de Lyanna

As we approached the circles that were already demarcated with stones "caves", as they were called, I could see, with the other wolves, unknown runic symbols on them and a tangle of drawings with different colors in the center.

A little further on, to the right, on an armed stand, were already some of our council elders and wolves I did not know, but believed to be representatives of the neighboring packs of our lands; all were long-time allies of my father and our clan.

One of the elders stood out from the group and began to speak into the microphone.

- Attention, please! On behalf of the Dawn Moon pack, I would like to say a few words. Welcome, everyone! May this date be remembered with joy by everyone here: young wolves, family, friends and allies. Today you will be "one" with your wolf spirit, and once again the light of the Goddess will shine, and your vow of love for all our kind will be renewed through this ritual.

Making a motion with his hands of presentation, he showed my father.

- I give the floor to our Alpha. Raphael Stone! Leader of the Dawn Moon pack.

At this moment, my father went to the front of the stage and took the microphone.

While he was organizing himself, I could hear some of the little wolves who were closer.

- Wow, even though he's my dad's age, he's so hot! Look at that defined body, and what's with the hair? Very nice.

I took a discreet glance to the side and saw when Anne lowered her head and giggled, looking at me.

- Ouch... I deserve it! Hearing that kind of comment from girls my age is very embarrassing," I grumbled.

- "Attention, young wolves, the drawings on the stones, their distance and positioning have been organized for the total success of our unification ritual. You must remain in the places that will be previously determined for each of you, together with the partner that will be assigned to you, without ever breaking the formation. Follow the instructions that will be given by Adama and your other sisters from that moment on.

After these words, my father looked at me and nodded.

I signaled that I understood; he certainly wanted me to be careful and follow with confidence.

While I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice that there was a trio who kept their eyes on every move I made.

- That wretch! You're dead wrong if you think I'm going to let what she did to me slide. Idiot! You'll pay me dearly.

- She did it to us, Elisa... WITH US!

- Yes, you're right, Denise... with us!

- Where's Roseli? Did she make it? - Looking around, Elisa tried to locate where one of her companions was.

- She's coming... and she looks happy! - As she said these words, Denise gave her an evil look and a cynical smile. How good was the taste of revenge!

That "project" for nothing, go see what's good!

- Did you do it? - Elisa could hardly hold back her anxiety.

She really wanted to know if Lyanna was finally going to go bad. Most of the time, Elisa pretended not to care about the pack's Alpha daughter, but deep down she was deeply jealous of her, and what she liked most was to see her in trouble, or steal what she wanted.

In the past, your father was one of the Alpha's closest friends, so his appointment as the pack's "BETA" was accepted.

My father told me how happy he was to compete with another wolf, who was also a long-time friend of Alpha, for such a prestigious position.

His name was Nicolas Stone and he was Alpha's first cousin, and because of this my father feared he would be disqualified.

One day, before it was declared by the council who had been chosen, there was an unexpected vampire attack on one of our borders, coincidentally where the Alpha was patrolling with his cousin.

Upon encountering the vampires, a deadly battle took place between all the wolves present and the vampires, resulting in many wolves being seriously injured, including the Alpha's cousin.

He had his arm almost torn off when he stopped the leader of this group, with the help of two cronies, from almost killing our Alpha.

For this incontestable proof of courage, he was elected BETA, leaving my father as a laughing stock since then for those who knew, from inside the pack, how much my father wanted this "status".

A few years after this happened, this cousin fell into an ambush with other wolves who were on a reconnaissance mission, and died.

When my father heard this news, his hopes were raised, but the Alpha was adamant that he would "NOT ACCEPT" any other "BETA".

All this tomfoolery was to "HONOR" his dead friend and Beta. Just remembering it filled me with hatred. I could have had everything that bastard had.

Status, prestige...

Not that she was really respected. As I remembered how indifferently she was treated by most of the pack, a broad smile appeared on my face.

Only the respect the wolves had for her father prevented most from making visible the contempt, disgust and disregard they all felt for her.

And, of course, kick her out!

Not even I knew why she was so hated, but just thinking about it gave me a feeling of immeasurable pleasure.

Even though I was Alpha's daughter, it was me that everyone looked at with admiration, for my beauty and grace.

I had to admit that I had heard some wolves praise the beauty of her red hair and green eyes, but then they called her "the impure one" with contempt in their voices.

I was sure that this "title" had to do with some promiscuity performed by her, with some wolf of the pack, or was it wolves? - I laughed at that thought.

It was very nice to hear people whispering, her name with contempt. I felt that if it wasn't for "her", my life would be so much better! Thinking about all this brought a mocking smile to Elisa's lips.

- 'Speak up, you fool... did you succeed or not? Did you change the potion intended for her? - Elisa asked.

The evil desire for her plan to succeed made her exult, and she still didn't even know if the other had succeeded.

- Of course she did! She will have a "sweet" surprise at the moment of unification. - We looked at each other and burst into laughter. Now I was sure that my day would be wonderful.

Let the unification ritual come!

Hello everyone!

I hope you are loving the story!

Comment what you think of the book, like and share with friends and family!

And follow me on the platform!

Your presence and your comments are extremely important!

You are amazing!

Until the next chapter!

S.S. Chaves