Capítulo 6 - Reiniciar.

Raphael Stone's point of view.

Four years had passed.

Raphael was in the forest meadow that was used for the pack's rituals. He was checking on the completion of the palanquin where the most prominent inhabitants of the pack usually stood.

Every year we held this ritual to unite the young people in this space, but this year there would be a difference.

Because several packs were being attacked and young people between the ages of sixteen and twenty-one were being taken away, the neighboring alphas got in touch to hold this event together.

Each of their respective packs would be responsible for organizing an important part: the place where it would be held, the transport of the young people, the reception, accommodation and security.

The Blue Moon wolves were responsible for bringing the other young wolves safely by bus.

The wolves from Royal Creek were responsible for the safety of the youngsters during their trip, ritual and stay in our pack, as we had decided that for each group of four youngsters, there would be two wolves responsible for their safety.

The Moon Swamp wolves were responsible for welcoming and providing emotional support to the young wolves and their families, should they need it. Our pack was responsible for the place where we were going to perform the rite, its organization and accommodation for everyone. Looking around, I saw that work was well underway; soon everything would be ready.

I approached Adama, who was currently guiding her coven sisters and welcoming the other witches sent to help organize the venue, ritual and magical items.

- How are your preparations going, Adama, and those of your other sisters? - I asked.

- My Alpha! Bowing, she greeted me and made a demonstrative gesture with her hands, showing everything around us. -Everything is going well so far, my lord. The other sector leaders have also confirmed that everything is fine and will bring the young wolves at the agreed time.

- Okay... whatever you need, don't hesitate to let me know.

Walking off towards some guards who were further along, I called out to the tallest and most burly of them. His name was Jerome, and he had shown himself to be very attentive, diligent and responsible.

More than once, I found myself analyzing this twenty-five-year-old. He had many excellent qualities for a BETA.

How I missed mine.

In those moments of great responsibility and movement together with other packs, I regretted not having accepted a new Beta, one of the many nominated by the council.

But at that time I couldn't.

An Alpha's relationship with his Beta went beyond giving and obeying orders, but rather the respect, trust and, above all, loyalty built up between them. My previous Beta was not only my second-in-command, he was also my advisor, cousin and best friend.

The "other" candidate of that time came to mind: Rivera. I knew that he had resented me all these years for losing the position that he believed was PERFECT for him.

However, being disingenuous, arrogant and authoritarian were not what I considered necessary for my BETA, or for any self-respecting beta... or wolf.

What's more, he got involved with Honda, who had previously been the perfect candidate to be Luna, according to my father and the council. But after living with her for a while, you could tell what was real and what was a façade.