Capítulo 7 - O Ataque.

P.D.V. by Raphael Stone.

Looking around, Raphael was feeling satisfied. The young men from all the packs had arrived safely and well, as had their families, hierarchical representatives and Alphas.

Jerome approached, accompanied by two other wolves.

- Alpha, these two wolves brought news from the north and northeast borders. The patrols noticed unfamiliar smells, but were unable to find any intruders.

- Talk... What exactly did you track?

- My Alpha, we distinguished two distinct scents, but in a certain sector they split... We were confused as to whether they were entering or leaving the pack lands, as they were very close to the borders. However, we were certain: one group were wolves without a pack and the others were vampires... but both had their scent slightly masked.

It took us some time to be absolutely sure. Only our training over the last three years with the witches enabled us to identify the presence of a potion.

Looking at the number of wolves around us, all preparing for the unification ritual, it would be extremely difficult to identify infiltrators.

- Jerome, organize and direct reinforcements for the patrols that are protecting the borders. And call in three more groups of soldiers to strengthen the defenses of everyone near the ritual.

Also warn Adama and his sisters to be on the lookout for any strange energy or magical influence.

Also ask them to be alert to the potions that will be given to the young wolves.

- Yes, Alpha! - As he ordered this, Raphael saw his subordinates running off in different directions to speed up the fulfillment of the orders with maximum precision and speed. Apparently, someone intended to cause trouble today..., but if it were up to me or the men under me, they wouldn't succeed.

As long as we were in the space set aside for the ritual, we couldn't activate the communication link between the members of the pack.

The magical barrier set up by the witches was intended to keep the young wolves focused on the ritual.

Any other interference would hinder their concentration and spiritual peace for the rite of unification with their wolves. That's why I was unable to send an "ALERT" link.

Surely whoever planned this surprise visit was aware of this too. I quickly made my way to the stage. When I arrived, I went to meet the other alphas.

Melcon Davison, from Blue Moon, Lucas Alberton, from Royal Creek, and Rich Colton, from Swamp Wolves, could tell from my countenance that something was worrying me.

- What's wrong, Raphael? - Melcon was the first to speak up.

- You look tense... - said Lucas.

- Is everything going well for the rite? - Rich asked.

- It seems, friends, that someone wants to pay us a visit today... I've already instructed my men to be extra vigilant and I ask you to do the same with yours... I don't want this special day for our children to be ruined by some bastard.

- What exactly is bothering you? - Melcon asked, signaling to his Beta, and the others imitated his movement.

- My wolves have detected two disguised scents near the borders, in different directions: wolves without packs and vampires. They're not sure if these groups are together, but they thought it would be prudent to alert me, and I'm passing them on to you. I don't like surprises!