XX - Runaway

Well... the fashion show revealed Chloe had the Bee miraculous, she was akumatised and defeated by the original Bug-Cat team.

I saw Chloe afterwards, I went up to her hotel to talk.

"What do you want?"
"To talk."

She reluctantly invited me in and we sat on her bed.

"Look. I'm really sorry for everything I've done to you."
"No... don't say sorry, I should apologise! When I found out about your condition I should've reacted better..."
"Thanks..."
"I'm really proud of you, I wish I got to go to New York with mom."
"See, that's my idea. Here's the plan."

I went to the helicopter and spoke to Audrey with Adrien. I said that I thought Chloe got the bill better as I'm nothing more than a daughter of a baker.
"Honey, are you sure? I'd happily go with you and take Tom and Sabine's to the states!"
"Plus Darling, fans ADORE humble beginnings!"
"Yes, but I think Chloe deserves this much more."
"Well if you insist, I don't think I will go back to New York. I will stay here to work with you and Adrien... and I will spend some time with Chlorine- UM- CHLOE."

That day was a special day. I got a job, became closer to finding where I belong in life, re-kindled a friendship, saved Paris and left Paris in safe hands all in the same day. I'm rather proud of myself!

When I got home that night, we had our first family dinner sat down together since... actually, I don't remember the last time we did this! We were all happy for the first time in forever and were like a family again, a REAL family.

We ate snacks, played some video games, everything!

"Here's to our amazing Marinette, aspiring fashion designer and all round great person!" Everyone clicked glasses, and I became ticked. I cleared my throat, they looked at me confused.
"What about me?"
"What ABOUT you?" Beckoned dad.

What ABOUT me?!

WHAT ABOUT ME!

I sighed and dropped my glass on the floor, it was TOTALLY an accident.

"I am SICK and TIRED of being overshadowed by Marinette! I love you, but when I finally do something good with my life YOU get all of the credit! How is this fair?!"
"Y/n. We are rewarding consistent good behaviour and celebrating your sister."
"What about me?"
"Yeah you're dating a model and are about to become one, whoop-de-doo." He said sarcastically.

"You know what, I'm so done with this family. I'm gonna go and find somewhere where someone actually gives a sh* about me." I said calmly, walking to my room and packing a backpack of all my medical stuff. Extra devices to plug into my arm, all the shots I have etcetera. I was still in my Gabriel dress so changed into something more comfy, putting the dress in my bag and locking my door behind me.

"Sweetie! Please wait! Your father didn't-"
"What, mom? Didn't care about me? Didn't love me? I know, and I get it. You want a daughter you can rely on, a responsible child. Not a daughter who's diseased and irresponsible. Screw that, I'm borderline CHAOTIC." I slammed the door behind myself, running down the stairs and out of the building into the shadows of the Parisian night.