vii. two days

KAMISATO AYATO

KAMISATO AYATO

"My apologies, but I do think that I have the right to get some rest. Besides our meeting was more on your part, whether you want to sign the deal or not. I'm the one who provides you the paperwork, all you need to do is sign."

"Yes, but to cancel our meeting on the day we're supposed to meet!? That's unprofessional of you!"

I sighed, holding my hands together as I placed them on the desk. "What's unprofessional is you coming by to my household unannounced, after my retainer had already gone out of his way to reschedule and issue an apology. You had already agreed to the terms he laid out."

He leaned forward, his gaze met with the other's. "Not only that but you treated my servants so poorly, and beyond that you have the guts to look down on my sister. Is this how you want to strike a deal with me?"

The man was baffled, he wasn't able to say a single coherent word; his speech was jumbled up as he tried to find excuses. The man wiped a streak of sweat down his forehead, before bowing slightly.

"I didn't mean to, I was joking!! Besides, who treats their servants like... nicely?? they're lowly servants for shogun's sa—"

"Leave." Insulting my servants were one thing; but I do not take lightly people who dare to use the archon's name so lightly. Who does he think he is? An equal? "Before I call upon the Tenryou commission, Hamada."

A simple threat as the Tenryou commission was enough to make him scurry off his feet and leave. The man didn't even try to say a proper farewell, how very unprofessional.

From the door, three heads peeked inside; my sister Ayaka, Thoma and Y/N.

Unfortunately for them, they had to witness firsthand Hamada's rude behaviour in the estate. He stormed in unannounced, Y/N tried to calm him down but he insulted her instead. Thoma came by to help but he instead demanded him (with foul words) to ask where I was. When my sister came to assist in my stead, he had the guts to ignore her and underestimate her title in the commission. She is just as equal as me, my sister and I.

Just by these testimonies alone, I have no intention to proceed with our deal, but what's better than to make him feel just a small amount of dread before he leaves? Mess with my people and they'll mess with me. Because of this, though, my mood has gone extremely sour. And the state of the household is just as sour.

"Brother, are you okay?" Ayaka asked, still peeking from behind the doorway.

"I'll go get some tea," Y/N said, rushing towards the kitchen.

"Should I... cancel all proceeding meetings with him? I'll get onto it right away," Thoma asked, hoping to lift up my mood I presume.

I shook my head at his request before sighing. "Let's calm down with Y/N's tea before we proceed with anything."