ix. farewell

KAMISATO AYATO

KAMISATO AYATO

Ever wonder what hurts more than a hangover? Realising that the person you love will leave under just a few hours. Even worse is when you come to that realisation a little bit too late. I ended up sleeping for just two to three hours, the remaining of the night was spent staring at the ceiling. To put it in better words, with my thoughts.

Despite answering most of the questions I had in mind, my thoughts came with new things to worry about. Mainly... Could I still change her mind on staying?

I had never experience love or anything of the like before, so this is completely new. I haven't read books on this topics (I didn't think it was necessary back then), I didn't have anyone to ask. My sister knew how complicated a relationship like this would be, and I wouldn't want to burden Thoma with my own personal problems.

And so, morning rises with a hungover Kamisato Ayato who isn't ready to let the person he likes go. It was still early in the morning, and since its a weekend the servants had a but of time to sleep in. Besides, Thoma, Y/N and I were pretty wasted last night.

The morning came by with a nice scenery of the beach, the view as calm as the ocean waves. I sat outside, taking the chance to admire the beautiful view since hardly anyone is up yet.

"...My lord?"

Seems like I was wrong. I could recognize that voice anywhere, its no doubt the person who would be leaving soon; Y/N.

I turned to look at her and she was standing a few  feet away from me. I patted the spot next to me and she complied, sitting right next to me.

It was silent at first, I guess we were both enjoying the scenery; the vibrant colours of the morning and the light breeze adds up to the scenic view.

"I... didn't bother you last night, did I?" she spoke up with a question. From that alone I concluded that she had no memory of what happened last night. She was smiling sheepishly, and her hair flew with the breeze.

".... No, no need to worry." The least I could do was prevent her from feeling ashamed or embarrassed. I turned to her and I was met with her smiling face.

She seemed at peace, relaxed even. She looked like someone with no stress, someone who's free. It was a nice look on her, I'll admit... despite wanting her to stay. She deserved her freedom after staying within the household for a long time. I just wished she would stay a bit longer.

"My lor—"

I stopped her as I raised my hand, hoping she would call me by my name for the last time. As if she read my mind, she sent me a small smile.

"... Ayato." She corrected herself, which I then nodded. "I just want to say... thank you for spending time with me these last few days."

Oh? A gratitude... somehow I didn't feel as happy when I heard this. It was truly the end of her service, huh? A part of me begged her to stay but I know better than to act that way. I have an image to uphold anyways, one that required my private life to slip through my public image once in a while.