x. finale

Y/N

Y/N

"Minato! Momori! Don't run too far!"

My little sisters have caught wind of a big festival taking place in Amakane Island. It seemed to be very festive, I've seen people coming back from the festival and it looked like they had a great time. As soon as they saw their friends with dango and masks, they have been begging me to bring them to the festival.

It has been a week since I left the Kamisato estate, and by the time I reached home my parents were elated to see me back for good. It was true, the rumours. My dad had a grave illness which made him bedridden, and mother had been visiting the local medic a bit more frequently than she used to. I had given them money for use, but they refused to use any of it; saying I should use it for myself or my sisters.

I had asked them about the surprise they mentioned, to which my mother then brought me out of the room.

"I will tell you about it soon enough, lets just spend some time together for now."

I could heard how coarse her voice had gotten, and how dry her coughs was. Is there really nothing that the medic can give to my mother? A simple medication is enough to soothe dry coughs at least. Though, I had no need to worry about the surprise any longer. She just told me about it today, and I... to put it simply, I didn't quite like it.

Maybe that's why I accepted my sisters' invitation in the end.

"Sister, sister!! big lights!" My little sister Momori pointed out towards the festival. We were still quite a walk away, but due to how bright the festival was I guess she misinterpreted it as a huge source of light.

I knew the Lady of the Kamisato estate would be there, it's big news that she was one of the organisers of the event. I felt excitement running through my body, this is one of the few chances I can get to see them again, even if its just Lady Ayaka. It's already been a week and I missed them dearly, especially..... ahem.

Due to my long years there, I've grown a habit of keeping true to the routine I normally did. Wake up early, serve breakfast, and clean up the house. My sisters were happy when they wake up to see food on the table so early. Due to my mother's sickness, she has quite the trouble of keeping things tidy and in order around the house. Hence, its my job to take over. Being the head maid has its advantages after all.

My little sister wasted no time running towards the festival as soon we arrived. There were many people going in and out of the Island, many of which wore beautiful kimonos and yukata. They all seem to went in pairs, some went with their siblings like I do. All in all, the festive mood was in everyone.

"Momori, hey wait!! you little a—" my middle sister Minato glanced at me as I cleared my throat at her. She smiled sheepishly before ending her sentence. "—aaangel! Come back here silly!"

A smile went up my face as I went after them. Archons, I really do miss my family. they went to visit many stalls, and there were plenty to look through. The island was perfect for festivities, the hill had many stalls and the surrounding beaches could be a place to relax after indulging in the festivities the event has to offer.