THIRTY FOUR

I looked back watching the men of Overhaul carry out the body as I walked by his side. He placed his hand on my waist pulling me closer to him as we walked away from the scene.

He let go of me, staring down at me as I stared back. My heart thumped slowly while my stomach grew butterflies, he pulled down his mask and reached for both my hands holding them in his.

"Izuku....I think maybe...it's time for us"
"To get married" he said making me smile widely in excitement. "So...would you marry me?" He asked pulling out a ring, I gasped "I-..yes!" I jumped up wrapping my arms around his neck hugging him tightly until we slowly separated inching our faces close to place a kiss until the doors swung open.

One of the masked men came rushing in panic "Overhaul! They're not working! They don't do anything anymore! They're regular bullets now!!" Overhaul looked at him confused "what bullets?" "The ones you created as a small bomb!" His eyes widened and quickly looked back at me furrowing his eyebrows.

I yelped feeling him yank my wrist as he dragged me to the lab, "this can't be...no...it should still work, Izuku...SIT DOWN" I flinched at his voice and quickly sat down. My heart was starting to race as he started grabbing each syringe stabbing them into me carelessly.

They hurt badly, he would pull them out harshly and push them in a painful way into me. I tried my best to stay quiet, trying not irritate him more than what he already was. "HARI" he shouted. Immediately Hari ran in, the two talked for a while discussing the issue.

"I don't know...it should work Overhaul, you've used the same formula so what's the issue?" "I don't know, something isn't right..." he looked back at me staring at me for a while before pulling me. "W-wait! You're hurting me -" "do not say a word" he said throwing me back into the small room.

"Overhaul! Please don't do this-" "useless, YOURE USELESS NOW!" He shouted glaring at me intensely before slamming the door shut. I can feel my heart break...the only man I've ever fallen in love with...hates me..

I looked down at the ground watching my tears fall as my voice cracked within each hiccup that escaped my trembling lips. What did I do wrong..?

.

.

.

I've been locked in for a while, only times I get to leave is when they ran tests on me. I haven't seen Overhaul...normally he'd be there when they run the tests on me but he hasn't been around, I don't think he wants to see me anymore.

Hari walked over to me, leading me to the room where they would once again stick their needles in me. I could hear Overhual argue with the others, I looked at Hari who kept his stare straight.  "Alright...it won't take long, we just need some samples from you" he said as he worked on the computer.

I looked down staying quiet as he prepped everything. "Overhaul...he uh...he's avoiding me, isn't he?" I asked, he stayed quiet before looking over at me "I mean he hates me, doesn't he?" "Of course not, he's just stressed...just like your Dabi, Kai Can have some anger issues when things don't go his way..."

"My...Dabi?" I asked confused. He smiled nodding as he walked over to me, carefully inserting the needle in me "he's your husband isn't he?" "Oh...right..I forgot about him"

Hari giggled and removed the needle "that's alright, after all Overhual had you head over heels" "w-what? Of course not I-" "eyes don't lie Izuku, they never do" he said with a smile giving me a wink before walking away.

I sat still, confused as I looked down. Eyes don't...lie? I was escorted back to the little room Overhaul kept me locked in. I don't think I'll ever come out of here, I thought my life was getting fixed but I guess not...

I twisted the ring on my finger before looking up in surprise to see Overhaul. He stood still with his hand out for me to take, I continued to stare up at him slowly placing my hand in his. But I regretted it.
.

.

.

"No Kai please! Please I love you! Don't you love me too?!" I shouted in tears as I squirmed around trying to break free from the men's grip. "Not anymore, you're not the same anymore, you're useless to me" he said coldly as they threw me to the ground.

I got up running to the doors that shut in front of me, I cried smacking it repeatedly as I begged for him to take me back in. Telling him how much I love him, how much he means to me as I slowly fell to my knees. Rain poured over me, soaking my clothes as I cried my heart out to a man who didn't listen.

Soon a man showed up, standing still as he held an umbrella over me. I looked up seeing...Touya.. "heard about your break up, sorry about that" he said with a smile. I frowned looking away from him "go away" I mumbled.

"And leave my princess out in the rain? I don't think so" "I am not your princess! Don't act as if you don't hate me! What happened to shit face, HUH?" I shouted as I got up smacking the umbrella out of his hand and walking away from him. "I...I understand you hate me" he said as he followed after me "I was mean, horrible, but...I can't live without you"

"You're the light in my life Izuku"