20

han yujin is an intelligent individual. while he may seem clumsy and quiet from the outside, it's no secret to his friends that his mind was often filled with the right words for the right situation or finding a solution to a problem.

his biggest strength was keen observation. when gyuvin tried to plan a surprise birthday party, yujin found out cause the older had left bags of chips under his bed and they were the snacks he would have to force his hyungs to eat with him. didn't take long till gyuvin eventually fessed up to organizing the event.

two months ago, gunwook had insomnia and would come to school looking fine, having concealer cover his dark circles. however, yujin saw the small acne and knowing his hyung took such great care of his skin, lack of sleep would be the second culprit behind it.

point is, no one can hide anything from yujin, not even his own parents.

"i have to go out because one of my friends is asking to meet up," mr. han announces at the dinner table after finishing his meal. "minsoo is asking for help with his stand so i'm going to go help him for a bit."

"don't stay out for too long," his wife leans over to give him a kiss on the cheek. "you should head out now then, before it gets too late."

"bye dad!" yujin says, earning a wave before the door closes. "mom, i need to go to the bookstore cause our teacher told us we need to buy a workbook for the next semester."

"do you need to go now? they close at 8," mrs. han looks at the clock.

"i think it'll be better to go now, the sun is still out."

"do you need money for it?"

"no, i still have some left from last week, bye mom!"

yujin runs outside his house and heads towards the bookstore. in front of him, he can see his father's black jacket amidst the crowd. using it as his cover, the student makes sure to blend in so the older man couldn't see his son following him.

"this isn't the way to the market," yujin says to himself. instead, he found himself walking the same route to the dance studio. maybe his father has a job at the cafe?

his phone rings and thank goodness for the large amount of people around him. otherwise, he would've been caught on the spot.

"hey mom," yujin answers while turning around and going back to where the store.

"i'm sorry yujin-ah, but could you buy some milk and eggs on your way home? i just realized we ran out."

"don't worry, i'll go to the convenience store after i buy my things."

"thank you yujin! come home safely!"

seems like his plan would have to continue tomorrow.

.

.

.

"mom, our practice finished just now but i'm going to go over today's math lesson with gyuvin hyung at the library. i'll try to be home by 10."

"alright, be safe and study well!" she says from her side and yujin could hear the air kiss before hanging up.

"if i get in trouble with my parents or yours, you have to buy me ramen for the next 3 months," the older threatens while they exit the studio.

"don't worry hyung, i'll actually go to the library but i gotta do something first. i'll see you there soon!"

yujin runs off down the street until he reaches the cafe. it was the perfect spot, as the window gave him easy access to the entire block so he could watch and wait for this dad to come by.