07

𝑰 𝑾𝒂𝒔 𝑯𝒆𝒓𝒆𝐵𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒2:03 —————❍———— 1:57⇌    ◃◃    ▍▍ ▹▹    ↻ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ——————❍——

𝑰 𝑾𝒂𝒔 𝑯𝒆𝒓𝒆
𝐵𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒
2:03 —————❍———— 1:57
⇌    ◃◃    ▍▍ ▹▹    ↻
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ——————❍——

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

second person

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 particularly a cold night for Renae. She felt as if her hands were tied with tight rope that bound them together while she was forcefully pulled in a direction. But her heart didn't want to be in that direction. She wanted to pick her own fate and stand by it. Even if she was wrong.

Accountability. Ownership. Those were life skills she lived by and honored. But right now, in these past few days. She did not feel as though she was honoring anything. She felt so afraid, so unlike herself. When did she change?

Her hand hands were tied. That's what she would tell herself. That she was being pulled in a direction. The direction that everyone wanted her to go. But one person would be negatively affected by this.

So, she had to ask herself the question all great heroes are asked at one point. Does she choose the many, or the one? And would it be worth the risk of world? Or in this case, multiple worlds.

This was difficult. Normally, she would ask Peter Parker. Spiderman. But he was not here. She could not ask him. For a moment, she felt alone. But, she wasn't. And she let herself be reminded of that by talking to the person who has always been there.

"Ma." Renae started off as she leaned her back against the wall from where she sat on her bed. She called her mother subconsciously, not really knowing what to say at first. Her mother didn't know her identity and there was no way she could tell her. So, what does she say? How does she word it?

"What do you do when you feel like your hands are tied?"

"Your hands are tied? What are you talking about, Nae? Do you have some kind of assignment you're doing?"

"Uh, yeah." Renae cleared her throat and went along with what she said. "There's a group project. And the group thinks we should leave out this boy because he's new to the class and he's still catching up on what we learned. They think we'll get a better grade if we do."

There was a pause as Renae figured out a way to use the analogy. "But I don't think that's fair. I mean, when I first started... this class. I had a lot to learn and struggled. And eventually, with help from my... teacher, I got it. So, I think it's unfair to leave him out when I can help him."

"Well I think it's wrong to leave that poor boy behind. There's no reason why the group can't help him and still get a good grade. That'll discourage him and he'll fall behind even more."

"That's what I was saying. But they want a guarantee because their..." Renae trailed off trying to think of an analogy. "Overall grade in our class will be determined by it. So, they don't want to take any chances."