forbidden - jaime lannister

୨♡୧‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿୨♡୧

in which two people can not love each other as they want due to societal standards and homophobia. 

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the cobblestone streets of King's Landing

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the cobblestone streets of King's Landing. Jaime Lannister, adorned in his golden armor, leaned against a stone wall overlooking the city. He exhaled a heavy sigh, his cerulean eyes distant and troubled.

"Jaime," a voice called out softly from behind him.

He turned, his heart skipping a beat as he faced the source of his turmoil. It was an enigmatic young man named M/N, a fellow knight in service to House Lannister. M/N's tousled (h/c) framed his angular face, his eyes a deep shade of (e/c) that held both warmth and sorrow.

"M/N," Jaime murmured, his voice laced with a mixture of longing and frustration.

They stood in silence for a moment, the weight of their unspoken emotions hanging heavy in the air. Finally, M/N spoke, his voice barely a whisper. "I can't keep doing this, Jaime. Meeting in secret, stolen moments in the shadows. It's tearing me apart."

Jaime's jaw clenched, his fingers tightening around the hilt of his sword. "You know the risks, M/N. The world we live in...it doesn't allow for us to be together openly."

M/N's gaze dropped to the ground, his fists balling at his sides. "I hate it. I hate that I have to hide my feelings for you. It's eating me alive."

Jaime's heart ached at the desperation in M/N's voice. He reached out, his gloved hand gently lifting M/N's chin to meet his gaze. "Believe me, M/N, I understand. But we can't let our feelings consume us. The consequences of revealing our love would be catastrophic."

M/N's eyes shimmered with unshed tears, a mixture of anger and sadness clouding their depths. "I never asked for this, Jaime. I never asked to fall in love with you."

Jaime's grip on M/N's chin tightened for a moment before he released it, his own turmoil reflected in his eyes. "And I never asked to feel this way either. But we can't change the reality of our situation."

M/N's frustration boiled over, and he stepped back from Jaime, his fists clenched at his sides. "Do you even care about us? About what we share?"

Jaime's gaze softened, and he reached out, his hand hovering over M/N's shoulder before he pulled it back. "Of course, I care, M/N. You mean more to me than you'll ever know. But I also care about your safety. And mine."

M/N's lips curled into a bitter smile. "So, what? We continue to steal moments when no one's looking? Live our lives like this, forever hiding?"

Jaime's voice cracked as he replied, "I wish it didn't have to be this way, M/N. But we have responsibilities, families, and expectations to uphold. Our love...it's a flame that we must keep hidden to protect ourselves and those around us."