7 | Midsummers and fights.

It was a couple weeks later and Charlotte hasn't spoken to any Kook friends.

She's been hanging out with the pogues.

She's been surfing with John B and JJ, she's been saving sea turtles with Kie, and she's been helping out at Heywards with Pope.

But tonight. Tonight was the annual Midsummers party on figure 8.

Charlotte usually enjoyed going to midsummers but this year was different, she didn't have any of her friends this year.

She was going to support her mom but she had planned on leaving early.

Charlotte was in her room with John B getting ready for just under an hour now, making him choose which earrings to wear or how to wear her hair.

He didn't care, he just liked hanging out with her.

She had just finished her hair and was about to change into her outfit.

(This is the style I was going for! If you don't like it, feel free to imagine another one!!)

She slipped into the bathroom and pulled on her dress, she needed help with the zipper so she stepped out to ask JB for help.

"Hey JB can you help me with this zipper?"

He turned to face her and was completely blown away.

"Woah" he spoke barely above a whisper.

"What?"

"You look... woah" He was too stunned to speak anything more than that.

"Why thank you John B, now if you could please zip it up for me?" She turned so the zipper was facing him.

He stood up and zipped it up, noting how it made her figure look even defined.

She fixed her hair, put on some heels and turned to face the boy.

"Alright, honest answer only. How do I look?" She asked.

"Perfect Char, you look perfect" he smiled.

Charlotte tried to look away to hide the blush on her face.

"Charlotte!" Her mom called from downstairs.

"Coming!" She shouted back.

"I guess that's my que, I'll see you later?" He asked.

"Yeah, if you don't hear from me by 9pm, come save me" she said dramatically before giving him a hug.

"Oh I will"

The two headed downstairs where her mom was waiting for them.

"Oh hello John, good to see you" she smiled at the boy brightly.

"You too Mrs. Deerborne. You look great by the way" he smiled.

"Oh bless your sweet heart. And for the hundredth time, call me Amber" she smiled and patted the boy on the back.