Chapter 4- Terror

Luke's pov:

We both sat opposite each other at a fold out table eating soup in silence. Soup has never been my choice of food but were stuck in this ship until all the rain cleared up so I can't exactly complain. I think we both chose to ignore what happened earlier for both mine and his sanity.

I kept feeling some partial guilt wash over me throughout the mean for not telling him who I actually am and hiding the truth but he is a bounty hunter and if someone out there is after me he could be the key for them. As I ate (can you really call it eating if its soup) I felt Din's eyes on me.

"Do you not like the soup? I can get you something else if thats the case?" He asked. Oh my stars he is just so generous for no reason.

I looked up, "Oh no the soups lovely." I smiled, it really was to be fair.

"Is something bothering you then?" He asked. I shook my head. "Are you sure your okay? You look a little pale."

"Thats just my skin." I laughed looking up at him. (A/N thats a little too relatable).

Once I had finished my soup I said to Din, "I think I might go to bed early if that is okay. I think it might be delayed jet lag or something wearing me down." I laughed.

"Okay, good night. If you need anything just come through." He said. Grabbing both bowls and putting them in a pile.

I nodded, "Oh thank you and don't worry, I'll be wearing the blindfold." I smiled. I now realise that sounds a lot kinkier than I had intended. I should just shut my mouth in front of him.

I quickly left the room to ignore what I had just said and I lay down. I tied the blindfold around my head and attempted to fall asleep. Eventually, I did.

I woke up in a dream. I knew it was a dream. It seems to be quite common to have lucid dreams as a Jedi and they were actually kind of cool. They do get slightly annoying though. I looked around and saw nothing. It was an endless white void that was completely silent. It was so silent that I could feel my ears ringing.

"Boring isn't it?" I heard a voice say. I quickly jumped and turned around, "Beats sand though. Sorry to startle you Luke."

"Father. Is this some sort of force dream?" I asked looking around. Nothing new occurred, it stayed as an endless white void. However, I had never seen my Father in a force dream before. He looked so much younger, stronger, less evil.

"Yes I suppose it is." He looked around. "Are you enjoying your stay with that mandolorian Luke?" He asked.

"How did you-" better not to question it. "He's not too bad. He's actually quite nice, generous as well, he really is a great man, I think that-" but suddenly the white void and my father had disappeared and I was in a crowded public area. People were running frantically around out of fear and panic. I could hear the screams of everyone around me.

I panicked looking around me, is it possible for me to die in this dream? I ran the way they were running turning my head constantly to see what they were running from. Droids. I could recognise those droids anywhere, they were separatist droids. But there was not just droids attacking these people, there were bombs going off left right and centre and ships were blasting at people. Next to me lay the dead bodies of innocent people.

This wasn't war, this was genocide.

I eventually get to some form of safety as I hide behind the pillar of a building. I saw something out of the corner of my eye and quickly snapped my head round hoping it wasn't a droid. It wasn't, it was in fact a man and a woman and a little boy. I could only presume they were his parents as they ushered him into a small little bunker in the ground. He was crying and his parents were too but trying to remain calm to bring comfort to the panicking little boy. They closed shutters quickly and just as they did they were bombed.

Trying to avoid gasping or crying out I slapped my hand in front of my mouth to silence myself but when I turned my head right in front of me a droid was standing. I was blasted.

I gasped as I awoke, sitting straight up, not being able to see anything. I was panicking and put my hand on my chest to make sure I was still breathing. Frantically looking around as if I could see anything. I patted the bed bellow me to make sure I was still in bed. I must of startled Din who I had forgotten was laying next to me by frantically tapping and accidentally hitting him.

"Are you okay?" He asked groggily and I felt him sit up.

I couldn't catch my breath and felt like it was running out. Once I had finally got my breath back I nodded, "I- just a bad dream I suppose." Bad wasn't the right word. Awful, catastrophic, corrupt, atrocious, heinous. Even those words weren't enough to describe it. I don't know what happened, one minute I was speaking with my father, then the next I was sprinting through a planet being massacred.

I felt a warm hand on my back and I slowly and carefully lay back down. Leaning into Din maybe just a little bit more than I was before for protection. I felt his breath on my shoulder as he tiredly said to me, "Your in safe hands with me Luke. Don't worry."

I sighed, "Thank you." It may of taken me a while but I slowly fell back into a deep comfortable sleep.

1013 words

Ooo I wonder what the dream could of been.