Chapter 8

Sophie's POV

"Now that we knew Berg's is on to us, what happens now?" Fitz asked, "I really doubt we're going to wait until Berg's completely forgets about us."

"I know, which is why we're going with your idea of planting the mic in his suits." I say. Fitz grinned.

"Great. When should your cousin finish it?"

"I'm picking it up from his store later today, so we have plenty of time to put it in Berg's tie before the little club meeting," I answer.

(Time skip to lunch break)

I arrived at my cousin, Dex's store surprised to see Linh and her twin brother, Tam there as well. Dex and Tam were room mates so I guess it wasn't much a surprise to see them their.

"Hey Sophie!" Linh called out. I walked over to them and hugged Linh and Dex. Tam wasn't much of a hugger.

"Sophie, I have the mic it's in the back, I'll go grab it now," he said, leaving. He soon came back with ear plugs and a small device in his hands.

"This is the mic, just put it on anything and it'll stick to it for a very long time. It'll camouflage with the color black and here are ear plugs to listen. If you want yourself to be muted, there is a little mute and unmute button on the side." I smiled and hugged him again.

"Thanks Dex, I don't know what I would've done without you," his cheeks turned red and gave a small smile.

"It was no problem."

"So Sophie, what's happening between you and Fitz?" Dex and Tam groaned when she brought that up. I rolled my eyes at the two.

"Can we please not talk about Wonderboy right now?" Dex asked.

"Why are you still calling him that? He has a name, and besides their is nothing going on between us," I say.

"I get annoyed when you bring him up in conversations. We get it, you like him, you don't have to talk about it 24/7," he said, focusing on the small gadget that he was working on.

"Well I for one think you two would be a great couple. Fitz sounds like a very sweet guy," Linh said. I blush.

"It's not like we'll ever be together anyways." I then felt a small buzz in my back pocket. I took out my phone checking the message. "That's Fitz, we have something to do. Thanks a lot Dex. I'll see you guys later," I once again gave hugs to Linh and Dex before heading out the store.

I went to the car getting inside.

"All right, I have the mic. What's the time now?" I ask.

"About 12:45. Do you think he might be at the restaurant right now?"

"I'm not sure. He seems to slip out a couple times throughout the day so we can't be to sure, but let's go check." Fitz nodded and we soon made our way to his restaurant seeing him through the window helping a table out.

"Looks like we have a bit of time to complete the mission." I nodded in agreement. We headed to Berg's house, parking farther away and picked the lock on his door. We headed upstairs to his room, going in his closet, finding only one suit.

"One suit? Last I saw there was at least 3 or 4," Fitz commented.

"Maybe he went to get them tailored or something?" Fitz shrugged.

"I don't know... what if we put the suit on the wrong one? This whole mission would go sideways."

"I know... but it's fine, if he doesn't use this suit for the upcoming event, he'd probably wear it to another, so we're fine either way." Fitz nodded quickly clipping it on the breast pocket of the suit, camouflaging with the color.

"All right, and then when we head back to the station we can just connect it to the microphone," I say.

As we were about to head out of the house we heard a car pull up in the driveway.

"Seriously?" We scattered and found a closet, the lights off. We heard footsteps going up the stairs. After a couple minutes he made his way downstairs and we heard the front door close. We heard the car leave and let out a sigh of relief.

We turned on the lights. And it wasn't a typical closet with shoes and coats. It has several picture frames with the names of people, a month and year underneath them.

~

Hey guys! Sorry for the long update. I honestly haven't been on Wattpad a lot but I'll try to be on it even more and update more frequently. Anyways. Thank you guys for the reads and votes! I always appreciate them! I'll see you guys in the next chapter!! Byeeeee!