Chapter 12

Ignore the mistakes

***

Taehyung was sitting near the ocean on the ground, looking up at the stars that glow at night.

The sound of the ocean waves and some birds and animals in the background created a serene atmosphere.

It was a completely silent and dark night.

Tears filled Taehyung's eyes as he hugged his knees close to his chest.

Lost in thoughts, Taehyung was consumed by the idea of the baby who left him before even being born into this world.

He felt a deep sense of loneliness and helplessness, which made him feel weaker than ever.

As he stared up at the sky, his thoughts drowning out the sound of approaching footsteps, he was unaware of someone quietly approaching him.

"Taehyung," his thoughts were abruptly interrupted when he heard a familiar voice calling his name from behind.

Surprised and confused, Taehyung turned his head and body to see Jungkook standing there, dressed in all black, holding a bag.

Taehyung was now overcome with confusion, unsure of how Jungkook had found this place and why he had come.

He didn't even know who gave Jungkook the address of his place.

Slowly rising from the ground, Taehyung stared at Jungkook, trying to comprehend the unexpected encounter.

As silence filled the air, Taehyung remained still, his eyes fixed on Jungkook.

Gradually, Jungkook took a few steps closer, closing the distance between them.

Taehyung found himself rooted to the ground, unable to move. Standing before him, Jungkook bent down, dropping his bag to the floor.

With utmost care and tenderness, he gently cupped Taehyung's face, his touch wiping away the tears that stained his cheeks.

As he wiped Taehyung's tears, he looked into Taehyung's big, glassy doe eyes, which were gazing up at him.

Taehyung's hand instinctively reached out and gripped Jungkook's wrist, which was cradling his face.

As Taehyung looked down, more tears streamed down his cheeks.

Without uttering a single word, Jungkook swiftly pulled Taehyung into a warm embrace, enveloping him in his comforting presence.

Taehyung's cries echoed against Jungkook's chest as he tightly clenched onto his shirt.

Softly, Jungkook's hands stroked Taehyung's back, offering solace and comfort.

He allowed Taehyung to release all the pain and distress he was harboring, letting him find solace in the cathartic release of his sobs.

***

"Jin Hyung told me everything," Jungkook said as he and Taehyung sat on the living room couch inside Taehyung's house.

Jungkook occupied a separate single couch as he looked at Taehyung.

Taehyung had stopped crying, but his eyes remained red and puffy, with slight wetness on his cold, flushed cheeks.

"And about the baby-," Jungkook paused, fresh tears welling up in his eyes.

His heart ached at the devastating news of their unborn child.

Jungkook sniffled as he roughly wiped his tears, raising his head to meet Taehyung's gaze, which was now also filled with tears.

"Shh... Please don't cry," Jungkook said, his voice filled with concern, as he stood up and moved closer to Taehyung.