Chapter one

Hey guys I just wanted to say that I got my inspiration for this chapter from one of the shows Pearl Jam had at tower records in 1991 in New York.
I also would like to in form you all that some parts in this story are actual quotes from Eddie that he has actually said before and some parts are from others as well. For Example Kim Neely. Some things that some characters do in this story has actually happened. I include things from what I've read sometimes although most of it is not.
*********

It had been a real long week and I was exhausted. I worked at a record store in Seattle which wasn't too bad considering music was really important to me. Apparently today, the band Pearl Jam was coming over to the store to perform a few songs from their new album ten. I have listened to the album twice and it is really great. In fact I think they should be as popular as Soundgarden and Nirvana or even Alice in Chains. Pearl Jam is still a new band and Im sure they will become really famous. Obviously they already have lots of fans because the store was crowded with many people to see them today and usually its pretty quiet here. My thoughts were interrupted by my boss.

"Jasmine, go ahead and watch the show. We'll close the counter until it's over but be prepared for a long line after its over. People are gonna wanna buy the cd's like crazy after they hear them play."

"yeah, alright thanks." I replied walking towards the crowd of people surrounding the small stage that had been set up in the middle of the store. I some how managed to get myself right in the front giving me a good view. Finally someone got the microphone and spoke into it welcoming the band. I then heard clapping and screaming. Five guys came walked out from the back and made their way on stage. They all looked real kind and talented. They all had long hair. They started picking up the instruments and sat down getting ready for their acoustic performance. The guy who seemed to be the frontman lead singer took the microphone and looked into the crowd.

"Hello" he said into the microphone as he pulled his hair out of his face. People started shouting "Eddie!. Thats when I learned his name. "They said something about no slamming but we won't listen to them." he said jokingly. Some of the crowd giggled and cheered. They began their first song wash, then black, then alive, and last but not least porch. It was real amazing. I couldn't help but notice Eddie would look right at me a bunch of times. Once he even did it before starting a new song. After looking at me he smiled then looked down at the floor. He was definitely cute. No doubt about it. I couldn't help myself but watch him most of the time that Pearl Jam performed. I didn't get my hopes up too much because I knew the worst thing you could do is fall for a celebrity and it's not like he'd fall for someone like me anyways. Once the show was over my boss walked onto the stage and took the microphone before speaking into it.

"The band has agreed to do signing so if anyone would like to stay and get a Cd signed you may wait in line at the back table where the band will be sitting. Please purchase your cd before getting it signed, the paying counter is other there and Jasmine will be there at the cash register" My boss said while pointing over to me. I noticed in the corner of my eye Eddie looking towards me. Well damn that's awkward. Now he knows I work here. I'm not sure why but I found the whole thing embarrassing. I walked over to the counter and sure enough like my boss had said, there was a long line of people. I spent about 45 minutes checking out everyone who was in line. It was tiring for sure. All I could hear was a bunch of people talking about how cute Eddie was or how amazing the band was. One girl even asked me to give Eddie a piece of paper with her number on it. I told her I'd try but no promises considering the fact that i'd probably not even get a chance to talk to him myself. Finally my shift ended just as tony the other guy who worked here took the register. The band was busy signing things for people. But I could tell Eddie was getting a bit tired. He stood up to have a break. I went to the back where there was a drinking fountain. I took a cup and poured some water into it. I started sipping some as I heard my bosses voice.

"Hey ed if you want some water there is a fountain over there by Jasmine" I heard him say. I almost choked. My heart started beating a bit faster. I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and there standing was Eddie himself. His blue beautiful eyes were all that I could notice. We both just kinda looked at each other before he interrupted by grabbing a cup.

"So... You work here." He said softly while looking at the cup he was filling up with water, His voice deep and raspy. "I, um... yeah" I said nervously. I felt myself stiffened. Something about him made me extremely shy. "About a year now" I finished. He looked up at me again as he nodded and gave me a warm smile. I decided to speak up again to take away the silence. " Although I haven't been here real long, Ive never seen this store so packed much less that excited. I can understand that because.. you guys were amazing."

"hmm.. thats always nice to hear, Jasmine.. it is right?" He asked. I nodded."You are correct Eddie." I said making sure he knew I knew his name. "Not really surprising hearing you say that you liked it. Couldn't help myself but to notice you smiling a whole lot during the show." he said fixing the collar on his flannel. I looked him up and down admiring his grunge clothing. "Funny... I couldn't help myself but realize how weird it is that you could notice something like that while performing in front of quite a loud of people." I said just before taking a sip of water before giving him a small smirk. Im pretty sure we were flirting.

"You intimidate me Jasmine. I like that." He said looking into my eyes just before walking away. I smiled to myself and tried my hardest not to blush. I didn't want him to walk away. I wished there was something I could say. Just then i realized something.

"Hey wait!" I yelled to him. He turned around. I took out the paper with the number on it that the fan wanted me to give to him. " Not that you'd do this, well at least I wouldn't think you would do this but a fan wanted me to give you their number" I said handing him the paper. He took it and crumbled it up. "You are right, I wouldn't do that. Pearl Jam, we aren't like the other bands. It's not about sex or drugs or fame or even money. It's about the music. Just the music." He said.

"That's really great" I said in a soft whisper my voice cracking a bit. He gave me a pat on my back before walking away. When he told me that it made me really sad, only because I realized that not only was he a good looking guy but he was a good hearted guy as well and I knew, i wouldn't be able to have him or even see him ever again. They left eventually and the store closed up for the day.