Chapter seven

-Authors note-

This chapter includes River Phoenix. (Jasmine's Ex) I added a picture of him up there ^ in case anyone didn't know who he was.

It's been three days since the last time I saw Eddie. The last time I saw him was the fun but awkward night at his house. After we watched the movie I decided to come home instead of sleeping there. The reason we haven't got a chance to hang out was because I had to work those days and Eddie was busy with the band working on some music. We talked on the phone a lot during those three days. Tomorrow is Eddie's Birthday. Supposedly there's gonna be this huge party at his house that I was invited too. Honestly I am a bit nervous about it because I heard a lot of other band members from other bands would be there and a lot of friends of Eddie's would be there too. It's also a bit nerve wracking that I'll be getting introduced as Eddie's girlfriend. I knew I had to be on my best behavior.

I was in the middle of stacking Cd's at the record store when I heard someone say my name.
"Jasmine?" 
I looked up and there standing  before me was my ex. River Phoenix. We didn't date for long. We were both real young. As soon as his acting carrier got more serious we ended it.
"Oh my god. River? What are you doing here?" I asked before giving him a hug.
"Buying some music..?" He said before laughing.
" I mean in Seattle"

"On Vacation. Decided on coming here, honestly I didn't think I'd run into you." River said. I looked him up and down.
"Well you look really great, how's life?" I asked. Just then my boss yelled from the other side of the store.

"Jasmine!" I rolled my eyes.

"I have to get back to work." I said to him before giving him another hug. River sighed.

"When do you get off? I would love to catch up with you."

" I'll call you as soon as I'm off." I replied before waving goodbye.

A hour passed by and I was finally done with work. I got home and called River asking him to come and meet me at the cafe across the street. He agreed and we got there at the same time. He greeted me with a hug before we both walked in.

We sat down at a small table near a window.

"So, what's going on in Jasmine's world?" He asked.

"Nothing much, Obviously I'm working at a record store, um, I'm still best friends with Eleanor." I replied. He nodded. I tried thinking of what else was going on my life.

"There's not much going on, I'm a pretty boring person. I said before laughing.

"That's not true." River said picking up the menu. "I dated you for a reason." He put the menu in front of his face. I could only see his eyes which were looking back at me. The waiter came to our table and took our orders.  As soon as she left River spoke up again.

"Are you  seeing anyone?" He asked.

"Actually yes, Do you know the band Pearl Jam?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah, Of course. Well, I know of the band but haven't met them."

" Right, well uh, I'm.. I'm actually dating the lead singer." I said.

"Are you serious?" I laughed. "Yeah, I am."

"His name is Eddie right?"

"Yes"

"Flea has mentioned him before." River was best friends with Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

"Yeah, It's actually Eddie's birthday tomorrow, they're throwing a huge party for him at his house." I said.

"Wait...Flea invited me to a birthday party thats suppose to be tomorrow, do you think it might be  Eddies?" He asked.