CHAPTER 36 || Beginning of the journey

I just need to say that I can only write about my experience with those traveling.

But 13 siblings is ofc something else than 32 people with 20 kids so yeah we will see

~~~~~~~~~~

The morning alone was pure chaos. By chance, 4 other children had joined us. Stoffel, who is in France with Oscar (his little brother), Pascal as emotional support for Stoffel and Logan as emotional support for Oscar.

So in 4 bullis with 8 people each the children were placed. Since it opens there were 3 parents per bulli.

Van 1: (Name: /)
Drivers: Kimi, Seb
3rd Parent: Hulk
Kids: Max, Mick, Logan, Danny, Tonio
Color: Green (the drawings not the Van)

Van 2: (Name: /)
Drivers: Romain, Jenson
3rd Parent: Kevin
Kids: Charles, Zhou, Valtteri, Pierre, Yuki
Color: Blue

Van 3: (Name: /)
Drivers: Lewis, Nico
3rd Parent: Daniil
Kids: Kita, George, Alex, Lance, Este
C

olor: Purple

Van 4: (Name: /)
Drivers: Mark, Nando
3rd Parent: Checo
Kids: Carlos, Lando, Oscar, Stoffel, Pascal
Color: Yellow

Van 4: (Name: /)Drivers: Mark, Nando3rd Parent: ChecoKids: Carlos, Lando, Oscar, Stoffel, PascalColor: Yellow

First, the group of 32 people eats breakfast together before the suitcases are loaded

First, the group of 32 people eats breakfast together before the suitcases are loaded. Oscar and Logan are quickly accepted into the group, as are Stoffel and Pascal.

When everyone is in their seats, the radios are turned on and briefly tested.

"Why do we have radios?" comes the question.

"So we can communicate. That's what the co-driver is for. They have the radios since we're all following Kimi and Seb, who have the navigator." Answers Mark.

"We need a van name," Max yells through the car. "That is correct" confirms Kimi.

The caravan starts moving and the first 10 minutes are quiet. Everyone first settles in and looks how and where he places his feet comfortably and the shoes are taken off.

Lance turns on the music first. One of the first songs that sound is "Delilah". This song breaks the ice and everyone sings along happily because everyone knows the song.

Car number 4 quickly found a name. Since it is the only white car, it got the name "Marshmallow".

In Car 2, it's a discussion that brings up the name. Yuki wants to annoy Pierre and calls him a "stupid French baguette". For the rest, it's clear what the car will be called. Namely after a pastry, which is known to everyone. The croissant.

The leading car takes the longest. Sometime after 2 hours, the topic of animals comes up. Danny Ric immediately takes the chance and shouts "Max looks like Sid from Ice Age. That's right isn't it?" The others nod in agreement and Max looks out the window offended while everyone agrees to call the car "Sid the Sloth".

Luckily, at the first stop after 4 hours, all the names were already found and they decide to put the names as stickers on the back when they arrive in Greece.

"How long will we be driving?" someone asks, of course. "It would be 33 hours without a break and traffic jam" comes the devastating answer.

"We will drive 43 hours without traffic jams. However, we won't spend the night anywhere because otherwise it will really take too long. Besides, that's not what you wanted." Explains Jenson through the radio and also patiently for his passengers.

The first 5 hours are nerve-wracking for the drivers. The children in the back have not yet figured out how to occupy themselves and scream a lot or clamber over the seats until they are pulled down again by the third adult.

"Please just turn the music on and sing along but let me drive in peace please!" Lewis says at some point in despair.

The other cars also switch to this tactic. But after a few hours, even that gets boring.

Fortunately, most of the younger ones are now so tired that they just sleep snuggled up to their seatmate. The rest listen to quiet music and the co-drivers also sleep while the drivers talk quietly over the radio.

After almost 11 hours of driving, the co-drivers are awakened and now drive for the next 10 hours, changing places with the drivers during a 30-minute break.

~~~~~~~~~~

The first part of 3 i guess.

What do you think will happen?

The last part of this will probably be uploaded tomorrow because I still need to write these parts and have to remind my travel to Croatia and Corsica for that :)

See ya in the next part
Tschau tschau