Prologue

Shinobu Kocho

Bah. It had been two hours already! This meeting is the longest I've ever been to. The mountainside was so chilly, and I just wanted to play in the river, but mom said it was too cold, and the currents were to strong. Couldn't the Minato just say "clan peace!" and get it over with? I felt a piece of paper thrown at my head, and saw Sanemi and some snake kid from Minato giggling! This meant war!

"You take back that piece of paper!" I screamed as I chased the two older boys around. Humph! When did they get so rude! And when did they get paper?

"SILENCE!" A thundering voice rang above us and I looked up. Toshiaki...Tapioca...Tomioka! Toshiaki Tomioka! That's his name! Leader of Minato! He was talking about some Muzan political leader. Now he was glaring at me. Wow! So exciting!

"I think he doesn't like me." I muttered quietly as he glared at me while the rest of the people were talking. I stood as still as possible.

"You're an idiot. Don't draw attention to yourself. It'll only cause trouble." As Mr. Tomioka continued talking, I turned around to see a raven haired, blue eyed boy who was waaaaay taller than me.

"Shut up! Who are you, my mom?" I snapped crossly.

"Poor mom has it worst," he grumbled.

"Hey! This is why nobody likes you boring boy!" I stuck out my tongue. Up front, my father glared at me, as so did my sister, Ayame, as granny, our leader, continued to talk.

"I'm...not disliked,"

"Yes you are!"

"No...I'm not,"

I turned back to the front. Now my granny and Mr. Tomioka we're shaking hands.

And then, Mr. Tomioka faceplanted.

"Sir! Are you alright?" Minato men gathered around and after staring at Mr. Tomioka's face. They turned slowly to granny.

And then slammed a rock into her eye.

"Granny!" I screamed.

"Leader Tomioka is dead!" Roared the person who crushed a rock into granny. She hung, limp on the ground.

"No! Father!" Boring boy hollered, face paler than his originally pale face as chaos shot up in the air.

"You attacked our leader! What excuse do you have!?" Mr. Shinjuro Rengoku hollered.

"You poisoned him!" The dude hollered. Soon, chaos erupted.

Men were fighting, but then I saw the person who harmed granny! I grabbed a nearby dagger, and tossed it at him. It hit his leg, and as he hollered in pain, Mr. Rengoku stabbed him though the chest. Oops. Was I supposed to do that?

It was the first time I had helped kill someone.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my hand.

Giyu Tomioka

She...the butterfly pin girl...helped kill...Yoshio. My idol. An older brother to me.

"What did you do." I growled as I grasped her hand.

"H-he killed granny!" She said defiantly.

"You. Will. Pay." As soon as that happened, I pushed a girl who was running away and she tumbled into the river, rolling away into the distance.

"Ayame!" She shrieked. Good. A sacrifice for another one.

Suddenly, Tsutako grabbed my hand and another girl grabbed butterfly pin girl and they dragged us apart, running for our lives.

Shinobu Kocho

Giyu Tomioka killed my sister. Minami caused the war. I will use every second of my life to destroy them. Rest assured, I will crush them with every ounce of my anger.

Giyu Tomioka

Shinobu Kocho killed my brother. Kita caused the war. I will use every second of my life to destroy them. Rest assured, I will crush them with every ounce of my anger.

Was this enough exciting? Currently they're only five. Um. Yeah. In technicalities Yoshio is only a friend, but Giyu sees him as a brother.

I was so nervous to publish 😖

If anyone who I follow actually reads this, I think I might collapse in happiness.