Chapter 8; Medicine Galore

Akaza

My life flashed before my eyes. Looking into my fate of death, I wanted to embrace it completely. 

My name wasn't Akaza.

When Muzan asked me to join him, he told me to change my name. He said my name was the past, and what he wanted to create was the future.

I...my name was Hakuji.

The name I used when I was helping my sick father, stealing, pick pocketing, the name...

The name Koyuki called me with.

I woke up to see a girl I never imagined seeing, after so long.

"Hakuji." She said with a sad smile. "It's been a while. How has life with Muzan been?" She didn't mean it with any hint of malice. I did know I was poisoned, and Koyuki healed me.

"I...I'm sorry." Sobbing into her, I collapsed and told her everything. How I missed her, wished I knew what an a-hole I was, and should've stayed with her.

"It's alright now Hakuji. But it's time you tell the people what you did."

I stood. from now on, I would do the right thing.

Starting with taking down Muzan.

***

"Attention all people!" I yelled. I saw the young boy earlier. Giyu...I think was his name? I remembered the girl who had poisoned me very well. A good couple they were.

"I have something to admit to. I poisoned your leader, people of the Minami. The Kita had nothing to do with it. Muzan Kibutsuji made me do it, but that is no excuse for the actions and pain I have caused you." The people were muttering in shock. Looking up at me, I saw some faces of admiration, some faces of confusion, and a lot of faces of anger and hatred.

"Akaza. What are you doing?" Muzan stared at me with the intensity that had made me cower in fear twelve years ago, but I ignored my fear and looked him in the eye.

"The name's Hakuji, Muzan." My old master, Koyuki's father, looked at me, proud, Koyuki smiled at me, tearful, and I knew where I belonged.

I was driven by fear long ago, also with madness and rage. 

Now I was twenty seven. I didn't think I had a chance to make things right.

But now, I felt like I was free.

Maybe this war wasn't just hatred. People can find good in bad, no matter what.

Shinobu Kocho

"Most critical condition of Wisteria Inflammation. But once she wakes up, it means that the poison is removed." I awoke to test tubes all over me. Aoi looked at me with great relief.

"You had a relapse of your sickness. Luckily there was a cure here, we just didn't realize." I looked at the doctors nodding.

"W-what? There was a cure this entire time? I asked in shock. They nodded.

"Everything the sickness hindered will go away, such as some exercises, foods, and so on."

I nodded, then remembered the fight. "Wait, I can go help out the others now, right?" I just hope the others were doing fine without me.

"You're good to go."

I ran out of the tent, ready to help. After some running, i came across Douma laid, limbs crooked, dead. Exhausted Giyu, Kanae, and Kanao looked at me with relief. I knew my poison clearly hadn't killed Douma, despite being my strongest one. It looked as if it did weaken him though.

"We still have to defeat Muzan." Giyu suddenly said as the boar masked boy trotted along with us.

The boar stood, proudly. "I'm gonna beat the crap out of the motherfu-"

"Language." Kanae grumbled, standing taller.

"All of you, sit. I'm checking for wounds." I said firmly. Without much of a say, the four sat down and I checked for any serious wounds. Lots of scratches, but so far nothing extremely serious.

"I don't need any checkups!" Inosuke said loudly. Giyu glared irritably at him.

"Inosuke, I'll just make sure you're alright so you can beat the crap out of Muzan. It'll only take a second. Pinky promise." I said brightly. Inosuke quieted down and it looked like he didn't take quite a beating as the others.

"Let's go. We need to get to Muzan." Kanae said softly. The five of us ran, glancing at the broken bodies of our clanmates, and comrades.

"We'll properly give everyone a goodbye." Giyu whispered n my ear as I looked at the pitiful corpses. 

"I hope Mitsuri's alright." I said in a quiet tone.

"Kanroji right? She's a hashira, give her some credit, if she made it to a hashira, she must be extremely tough." I nodded at his words. Mitsuri was so much capable of some things than me.

"Well done my dear clans." Muzan stared at us as we made our way to him. A giant machine was clinging onto him. Mitsuri was there, holding her odd katana. A giant man was also there, along with Sanemi, his face streaked with tears. A small boy around fourteen was there as well, along with snake dude guard, Kyojuro, a very...flamboyant dude, and Kamado. "You have clung on to your very moments of life. I will let you go if you give up your land right now."

"The hell we'd let that happen you bastard!" Sanemi screamed and the rest of us yelled in agreement.

"Very well then." He tapped the controller and harsh whips from Muzan's contraption thingy lashed at us from all sides, I ran towards him, turning my katana to the most powerful poison there was, but his whip stopped me. I ducked, springing back from the next whip. Kamado was holding off the lashes pretty well, and Kyojuro was lunging for a cut through the chest when Muzan zoomed into the air. I looked up, stunned by the sudden movement. The other's were surprised as well.

"I gave you an option. Now die." The whips went back into the backpack, unleashing huge rocks creating earthquakes. I watched the cracks in the ground open and close up. a dead body was swept into a crack and it closed, creating a crushing sound. I exchanged a look with Mitsuri. She looked distressed as well.

Then all the people except me were thrown away by a powerful gust of wind, as I was out of bounds. Muzan walked slowly over to me as my heart pounded faster. I was reaching my limit, and everything felt heavy.

"You know, I do need someone to replace Akaza. You might be the perfect person to do so. Shinobu Kocho, if you agree on your life to serve me forever, I will spare your clan. Minami can go away, or I could keep it. The lives of your comrades depends on you. Agree, or not?"

I stared fiercely, shaking my head.

"Well then, I'll killed you-" He choked as I slammed my sword into his neck, the poison traveling down his veins. He coughed, falling, blood falling from his mouth.

As always, a sudden surprise noise came from the sky.

And a helicopter came down.

The government. The people Muzan worked with. Oh no.

Exhaustion came over me, and I fell asleep, losing conciousness (for the what? Fifth time? Seriously, I need to make sure Shinobu stops fainting and find some other idea, bc this is getting old. Another faint and I swear she needs to go to the ER to get checked on)

Few things. The twelve kizuki and Muzan are not demons, they are normal humans with talented abilities. Shinobu's attacks only go deep enough to enter a blood vein, so it's easier for her to remove her katana. And as a reminder, my new book, Where North Meets South, will be coming out soon, so look for it!

Also, it's the first day of school and I just got a three hour early out. In my life I have never been so happy. Tomorrow is also an early out! I'm going to catch up on some sleep soon, after binging on Wattpad.