Chapter 9.5

ALATUS POV OF THIS ENTIRE SCENE CAUSE BY THE GODS I HAVE MANY IDEAS FOR WHAT WENT THROUGH HIS HEAD AND I'M READY TO FANGIRL THROUGHOUT WRITING THIS CHAP LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!

.... Dear Lord please tell me I don't butcher his personality 'cause I have noooo freaking idea what he had to do under the evil god so idk what he does all the time.

...*Googles who the evil god was

I have no names but BEACH BETTER BE READY TO CATCH THESE HANDS

How the actual cinnamon toast f**k am I supposed to handle writing this sad backstory.......
Anyways let's go to the chappy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Aaargh!" the bandit screamed as I finished him off. Today was one of the occasional times that that woman gave me a free day after I devoured enough "dreams". That woman is truly mad, calling these things dreams. They were nothing but the death throes of weak humans, tainted with fear and hatred. The only ones that could be counted as "dreams" were the deaths of those in their sleep, the peaceful escape of their souls from this world a delicacy compared to those of the battlefield.

I flicked my spear to the side, ridding it of blood before I let it disappear. My feet, rid of any purpose for the day, unconsciously started to lead me to the hollow where I met that girl a few days ago.

She was... an anomaly, to say the least. Ignoring the fact that her hair and eyes switched colors in the short time span we interacted, she showed no fear in my presence. If anything she seemed almost... mesmerized. I shook my head at the thought. There's no way anyone would be mesmerized by a monster like me. But I couldn't deny that she had no fear of being held by me and actually relaxed...

My movements stalled as I recalled her relaxing aroma. It was a mixture of apples, mint, and, if it was possible, the warmth of a fire. Perhaps that would explain the light of her charcoal eyes, gently smoldering like the last remnants of a fire. I could still see her silky locks flowing in the air, the sunlight reflecting off them to create a rainbow of pastel colors. She was almost too ethereal to be mortal... but I have no knowledge of a new immortal taking residence in the region. If I did know, then she would know and attempt to enslave her as she did I.

I don't want that to happen, I thought to myself, grimacing. It was enough for me to be enslaved by that woman. Someone as pure as that girl couldn't possibly survive the mental anguish.

No matter, given a few decades she will die of old age, just like every other weak mortal, I thought to myself, then shook myself out of my thoughts. I blinked my eyes in confusion, realizing that I was standing near the very edge of the hollow I was thinking about. I sighed, then cursed myself for spacing out so severely. I turned around to leave, but paused when I caught sight of movement out of the corner of my eye.

Strolling towards the middle of the hollow was the girl from that day - I refused to refer to her by her name, as it would carry some semblance of an attachment. I narrowed my eyes, wary of her intentions. She looked around the hollow, then sighed and set a basket down. She turned around, paused one more time, and quickly hopped from rock to rock until she was out. I teleported to the basket, wondering what she had left behind and why.

I cautiously lifted the cloth covering the top of the basket, and my eyes widened at the sight of the pure amount of food loaded into it. However, the strong scent wafting from it made me sick to my stomach and I backed away from it. I teleported away and appeared in front of a herd of geoshaps. I grimly materialized my spear and equipped my yaksha mask. Perhaps exterminating these vermin will get rid of the reminder that I can never enjoy something as simple as food again.